Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Calling All Foodies!

no avatar
User

Denton Randall

{ RANK }

Just got here

Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:38 pm

Calling All Foodies!

by Denton Randall » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:06 pm

This is my first post here, and I don't mean to violate any spam policies.
"I don't like Spam!"
--Monty Python

Having said that, I want to remind everyone that the annual "Taste of Derby Festival" is this Tuesday, April 17, 5:30-8:30 at Louisville Slugger Field concourse.
This is one of our community's best restaurant tasting events, and the proceeds benefit the Dare to Care Food Bank, a non-profit organization that provides food assistance to the needy in Louisville and Southern Indiana.
For a complete list of the almost 65 restaurants and beverage distributors that are confirmed, just visit http://www.daretocare.org/specialevents.html
Tickets are $75 ($50 tax deductible), this is an age 21 and over event, and NO tickets will be sold at the door. If you'd like to order tickets or want more info, call the Dare to Care Food Bank, 966-3821.
Hope you can make it!
Denton Randall, Community Relations Director, Dare to Care Food Bank
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Calling All Foodies!

by Robin Garr » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:12 pm

Denton Randall wrote:This is my first post here, and I don't mean to violate any spam policies.
"I don't like Spam!"

No problem, Denton! Appeals for legitimate charitable and nonprofit community events are never spammish, and we're delighted to support them.

I'm surprised and disappointed that you haven't been in touch with LouisvilleHotBytes earlier, though. We'd have been happy to provide front-page support and PSAs. I'll still do that, but wish we'd had the advantage of more lead time.
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:46 pm

Hey, Denton,

Welcome - haven't traded any Sunday emails with you in awhile. Hope all's well with you.