Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Tea Station Chinese Bistro

User

John Greenup

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:03 pm

Oldham County

Tea Station Chinese Bistro

by John Greenup » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:53 am

Dined at the "Tea Station Chinese Bistro", in Norton Commons, for the first time over the weekend. I'd be interested in hearing from others who have been there. Unlike some of the mega Chinese buffet restaurants that have sprung up around town during the last several years, "TSCB" is a smaller, more relaxing dining enviornment. The menu appears to contain most of what one would typically see at a Chinese restaurant....while I enjoyed a sake, my wife ordered a "Mango Slush", one of their specialty frozen drinks that comes in a tall glass with a over-sized straw....looked like the perfect drink for a very warm summer evening. I ordred the "General Tso's Chicken" -- I know, I know....what Chinese buffet would be complete without General's Chicken, but actually, it's a much better dish when you order it freshly prepared vs. ladling it from a buffet line. With appetizer, drinks and entrees, our bill came to $32 for two (plus grat)....not bad, and I thought the quality was very good....I realize that the big buffets are very popular, but when you compare the quality and overall dining experience, "Dynasty" and "Jumbo Buffet" really can't compete....
"I want to go where the hand of man has never set foot."

-- Samuel Goldwyn