Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Nice evening at Corbett's

no avatar
User

Will Crawford

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:51 pm

Nice evening at Corbett's

by Will Crawford » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:10 am

I had a night off last night so I took the wife a short drive down the road to Corbett's. I have not had a chance to go yet since they opened. We went to the bar and had a couple of Old Foresters. Chef Howerton was just getting off and we were treated to a nice tour of the kitchen and restaurant. What a kitchen! All the toys you need and then some. There was a private party down stairs in one of the interactive rooms so we could see the diners via video as they could see us. The seating area upstairs is beautiful as already reported here but you don't get the idea until you really see it. Wow. Downstairs in the cellar you get completely different atmosphere with all the rock walls. Very nice indeed. We ate at the bar with Rebbecca as our bartender. She was very attentive. Ruth had the special fried chicken and potato salad $15 and I had the veal burrito also $15 I think. Ruth stuck with bourbon and I had a Scrimshaw pilsner with dinner. Very delicious. A gentleman next to us was drinking Coors Light while dinning one of the dinner Entrees. A little bit for every taste.

We walked out to the patio and sat for a time as the sun set. It is wonderful space and you do not notice that there is a shopping mall right around the corner. What a great addition to the East End.
Will Crawford