Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

odd things happen

no avatar
User

Bill D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:13 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: odd things happen

by Bill D » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:18 pm

I've got one more. St Paddy's a few years ago I was workng in a brewery on Bardstown and the boss tells me to stay in the kitchen. Expo, dish and maybe run food if required. Fine. The mgr/sr. server calls me to the floor. No can do ,boss say"stay in kitchen". "Please, this is getting bad". Sho Nuff, some drunken chucklehead is spewing some alfredo pasta dish between his fingers, not even making a move for the bathroom. The floor has split like the Red Sea. I get him to the bathroom, get his friends to settle tab and go the heck away w/ puke boy. A mess indeed before me, I think the quickest way to get the place clean and keep the party going is a quick vac. everyone is agreeable and soon the mess is gone and the night continues quit successfully. I leave early and return next morn for mgr meeting. My boss said quick thinking last night but what did you do w/the vac bag? D'OH!!!!! Dry storage took a day to air out after that, the same thing can happen w/ a wet vac but that's to gross to go into.
Bill D
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

by Jackie R. » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:08 pm

Kyle L wrote: For people that know rest. grade fryers, we were in the middle of empyting them out. Clean them. Etc....you know the drill. For some strange reason, our fry guy ( while the fryer was still 400 + degrees decided to pour hot water into the fryer. It was still full of greese. This guy was not the brightest person on the planet. When I say hot water, I mean a huge bucket of it.

And what happens when you do that???
User

Kyle L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 30, 2008 10:47 am

Highview

by Kyle L » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:30 am

Lots of noise and splatter with possibilites of a grease fire.

:(
Previous