Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

odd things happen

no avatar
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:10 pm

850 main street, charlestown, indiana

odd things happen

by Shawn Vest » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:05 am

what are the oddest/funniest things that you have witnessed in your restaurant??

someone stole a porcelain elephant from our restroom after we opened

my wife stopped by mcD's in charlestown the other night and they gave her a cheese burger with one bun, seriously one bun
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. D Barry
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699
no avatar
User

Todd Pharris

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:59 pm

Re: odd things happen

by Todd Pharris » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:46 am

Years years years ago I was working at the old Dupont Tumbleweed, washing dishes a few nights a week while I went to U of L. One night the police showed up and arrested our prep guy for several outstanding warrants. I was "promoted" on the spot.
no avatar
User

Mike Hardin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:24 am

by Mike Hardin » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:39 am

I worked at an upscale seafood restaurant in St. Matthews yeeeeears ago and police surrounded the building and took the dish washer through the front of the restaurant in handcuffs. One patron asked, "Does that mean my dinner's going to be late?"
no avatar
User

John Hagan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:38 pm

SPENCER CO. Lake Wazzapamani

by John Hagan » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:13 am

We had an odd experience just a couple weeks ago. After finishing our salads our waiter took our bowls, then came out of the kitchen a moment later with the forks ,with dressing all over them, and dropped them on our table explaning that we would still need these for dinner....I really think he thought he was being very helpful. We knew we in for interesting service when we told him that we wanted to finish our drinks before we started our meal and he insisted on bringing out the soup and salad while we had our cocktails, saying that if he didnt he wouldnt remember to do it later.
The tall one wants white toast, dry, with nothin' on it.
And the short one wants four whole fried chickens, and a Coke.
no avatar
User

John Hagan

{ RANK }

Foodie

by John Hagan » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:15 am

Shawn Vest wrote:
my wife stopped by mcD's in charlestown the other night and they gave her a cheese burger with one bun, seriously one bun

My wife stopped in for some Micky D's the other day and they gave her two tops and one bottom bun...
no avatar
User

Rebecca Clark

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:57 pm

by Rebecca Clark » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:34 am

John Hagan wrote:We had an odd experience just a couple weeks ago. After finishing our salads our waiter took our bowls, then came out of the kitchen a moment later with the forks ,with dressing all over them, and dropped them on our table explaining that we would still need these for dinner....I really think he thought he was being very helpful. We knew we in for interesting service when we told him that we wanted to finish our drinks before we started our meal and he insisted on bringing out the soup and salad while we had our cocktails, saying that if he didn't he wouldn't remember to do it later.

Oh, do tell ... please name names! :) (was the food good, outside of the odd service?)
"Save the neck for me, Clark!" - Cousin Eddie
no avatar
User

Bret Donaldson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:14 am

by Bret Donaldson » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:36 am

I had a customer a few years ago order a burger, no onion (she was adamant about it). Upon the arrival of her burger, she removed an onion from her purse, sliced it on the table (with the not-too-sharp table knife), and used it on her burger. The same woman sent back a crispy fried shrimp cigar appetizer because it was crispy and fried.
Bret Donaldson
Owner

Stellar Craft Catering &
Stellar Event Managament
no avatar
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

by Bill Veneman » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:45 am

John Hagan wrote:
Shawn Vest wrote:

My wife stopped in for some Micky D's the other day and they gave her two tops and one bottom bun...

This was not in Louisville, but I ordered 2 quarter pounders with cheese, no onion.......not only did they leave off the onion, they left the meat off as well......
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
no avatar
User

Jeremy J

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:30 am

Louisville, KY

by Jeremy J » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:49 am

It's always one of my favorites when people send back stuff called "Spicy __________" because it's spicy.
no avatar
User

Adam C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:43 pm

Camp Taylor aka Louisville's food desert

by Adam C » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:24 pm

I once saw a brawl break out between two waitresses at the Skyline chili next to Mid City Mall.

While delivering produce I saw a prep cook knock out the head chef at Kitty O'Kirwin's with one punch to the back of the head (That was pretty scary).

The old dishwasher at Come Back Inn used to scream at the walls.

We had a food fight in the kitchen of Louisville Country Club that got so loud they complained in the dining room (hint: dinner rolls soaked in water are the best ammo).
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:27 pm

I saw two female employees catfighting (fists flying, hair pulling, the whole nine yards) at the Mcdonald's in Fern Creek a few years ago. Don't ask why we were in a McDonalds (picky eater in the group), but I will never forget THAT as long as I live. :lol:
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"
no avatar
User

John Hagan

{ RANK }

Foodie

by John Hagan » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:55 pm

Rebecca Clark wrote:
John Hagan wrote:We had an odd experience just a couple weeks ago. After finishing our salads our waiter took our bowls, then came out of the kitchen a moment later with the forks ,with dressing all over them, and dropped them on our table explaining that we would still need these for dinner....I really think he thought he was being very helpful. We knew we in for interesting service when we told him that we wanted to finish our drinks before we started our meal and he insisted on bringing out the soup and salad while we had our cocktails, saying that if he didn't he wouldn't remember to do it later.

Oh, do tell ... please name names! :) (was the food good, outside of the odd service?)

Well, I have never made a negative post here about an establishment before and am a bit reluctant to based on one visit. That said ,this place was truly awful and I am compelled to write about it to warn others, but should probably just start a new topic as it was more awful than odd(I know all the postings here never go off topic,LOL).
no avatar
User

Stephen D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:41 am

Lyndon, Ky

by Stephen D » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:12 pm

I do recall a couple of Latino brothers getting into a fist- fight over who was going to pay the bill (while both their families watched, helpless.)
no avatar
User

Jessica Devine

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:29 pm

Germantown

by Jessica Devine » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:26 pm

A couple of months ago, I watched a woman pick off the grill marks on her grilled chicken sandwich. I guess it would've been easier to scrape them off, but she picked every little bit off with her fingers.
no avatar
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:10 pm

850 main street, charlestown, indiana

by Shawn Vest » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:17 pm

love it
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. D Barry
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699
Next