Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

Re: Ri Ra Irish Pub coming to Fourth Street Live

by Ethan Ray » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:07 am

James Natsis wrote:Or the new hotel across from the Seelbach?

I've heard that this venture has fell through, and is not happening.
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:21 am

Ethan Ray wrote:
James Natsis wrote:Or the new hotel across from the Seelbach?

I've heard that this venture has fell through, and is not happening.

Any source to support this claim? I was looking forward to visiting this place.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

C. Devlin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:42 pm

by C. Devlin » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:42 am

Chris M wrote:Am I the only one who things it's funny that they are opening an Irish pub with IRA in the name?

Um, no.... :lol:
no avatar
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:04 am

Doogy R wrote:Any source to support this claim? I was looking forward to visiting this place.

It was going to be an Interstate Hotels and Resorts property, which also manages (and now co-owns) the Seelbach.

As far as I've heard internally, the deal is off and no hotel (at least operated by IHR) will be going in the space.
I think parking was a major concern in the deal, as the Seelbach Garage wouldn't be able to handle double duty for both hotels, in addition to the monthly parkers.

I can't say it's not going to happen ever, but the initial plans involving IHR seem to be a no go.

I may be mis-informed, but again... these are the rumors internally... that seem to trickle down from corporate, and usually end up being true.
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
no avatar
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:13 am

amy lyons wrote:
Greg R. wrote:
amy lyons wrote:We already have two true Irish pubs with 'real' Irish working and owning. Not to mention, that the bar and a majority of the wood booths at Molly Malone's were brought over from Ireland. This is an unnecessary addition to our city IMHO.

Wow. I bet you're the life of the party. :(

Actually, I am![/quote

No, really, she IS! But I gotta say I do disagree a bit on this subject. Since it seems like every time I go to the Irish Rover or Molly Malone's either one, there's a four day wait for a table so maybe another Irish pub wouldn't be so bad an idea. An independent in the 4th St spot would have been nice but I guess they'd have a hard time with the overhead.
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
no avatar
User

Charles W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:53 pm

Schnitzelburg

by Charles W. » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:27 am

I ate several meals at the Ri Ra in Charlotte about 10 years ago, and I remember it as being wonderful. Hope this one is, too.
Previous