Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

new to IN: Buenos Dias Cafe

User

Lisa Stephenson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:06 pm

Jeffersonville, IN

new to IN: Buenos Dias Cafe

by Lisa Stephenson » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:56 am

A cute little Spanish cafe recently opened at 1703 Charlestown-NA Pike in Jeffersonville. It's near the intersection of Hamburg Pike and Chas'town NA pike.

They serve all 3 meals until 7 PM. All items are made fresh upon ordering, especially the guacamole. Belinda is the daughter of the owner and she speaks English and Spanish. Send me your email address via PM if you would like the menu.
Last edited by Lisa Stephenson on Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: new to IN: Buenos Dias Cafe

by Robin Garr » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:10 am

Lisa Stephenson wrote:A cute little Spanish cafe recently opened at 1703 Charlestown-NA Pike in Jeffersonville. It's near the intersection of Hamburg Pike and Chas'town NA pike.

They serve all 3 meals until 7 PM. All items are made fresh upon ordering, especially the guacamole. Belinda is the daughter of the owner and she speaks English and Spanish. Send a PM to me if you would like the menu.

Great catch, Lisa! Curiously, is it real Spanish from Spain, or Mexican? I was thinking Spain until you mentioned the guacamole. Either way, sounds like a find!
User

Lisa Stephenson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:06 pm

Jeffersonville, IN

by Lisa Stephenson » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:53 am

Well it is mostly Mexican. However, the family is from Puerto Rico, Mexico, and South America. So there's many influences reflected on the menu. Like, Desayuno Hondureno, Empanadas Puertorriquenas, etc.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:02 pm

Lisa Stephenson wrote:Well it is mostly Mexican. However, the family is from Puerto Rico, Mexico, and South America. So there's many influences reflected on the menu. Like, Desayuno Hondureno, Empanadas Puertorriquenas, etc.

Oh boy! Ohboyohboyohboy! I am so THERE!
User

DeeDee D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:48 pm

Sellersburg, IN

by DeeDee D » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:18 am

Guessing I know where we'll be having lunch tomorrow!! Yummy yum yum! Thanks for sharing!
Realtor, Semonin Realtors
Selling homes in beautiful Indiana
no avatar
User

John Lisherness

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:25 pm

The Highlands

Buenos Dias Cafe Menu Online

by John Lisherness » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:27 pm

Lisa was kind enough to send me a copy of the menu and I posted it on http://www.MenusOfLouisville.com
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:37 pm

We dropped by today, and Buenos Dias is everything you folks said. The place is amazingly bright in its tangerine and papaya colors, the food is well made and very interesting in its mix of three Latino flavors, and Belinda is a delight. We had a blast, and a very filling lunch for under $15, and are thinking very seriously of going back for desayuno, er, breakfast tomorrow.

It's just 8.4 miles from our place in Crescent Hill, almost exactly the same distance as Las Gorditas but faster (barring rush-hour bridge traffic), and the food reminds me more than a little of Las Gorditas.

We gave Belinda the address of the forum. I hope she shows up here! Meanwhile, if you're a Latino-food lover, get over there, folks. This one's a keeper!
no avatar
User

Greg R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:15 am

Crescent Hill

by Greg R. » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:32 pm

Lisa Stephenson wrote:
They serve all 3 meals until 7 PM.

Only open until 7?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:42 pm

Greg R. wrote:Only open until 7?

That does seem early, but that's correct per the menu: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily except Sunday. No alcoholic beverages (but loads of Mexican soft drinks and horchata), and I imagine this schedule is practically based on when the traffic comes in.
no avatar
User

Greg R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:15 am

Crescent Hill

by Greg R. » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:49 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Greg R. wrote:Only open until 7?

That does seem early, but that's correct per the menu: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily except Sunday. No alcoholic beverages (but loads of Mexican soft drinks and horchata), and I imagine this schedule is practically based on when the traffic comes in.

Thanks. For whatever reason i can't read the menu on the menu web site. Guess i'll just go tomorrow am and get me some juevos rancheros! (or something similar if they don't have that)