Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Historic moment ... the move is complete!

by Robin Garr » Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:51 pm

The old place was starting to make spooky echoes with all the furniture out, so I figured it was time to go ahead and turn out the lights and lock up. The forum is now officially <i>moved</i>!

I noticed, as I turned the switch to make the former place "read only," that the message base extended back to January 2003, a little over four years ago. Maybe it just seemed longer because we were having fun, but I sure thought the forum had been online longer than that. The Website started (as Robin Garr's Iglou Restaurant Reviews) in the summer of 1994, and we started using the LouisvilleHotBytes domain name early in 2000. Somehow the forum has become such an integral part of it that I just assumed it had been around longer than four years ... or maybe it was, and we just lose earlier posts to a software update? Anyone remember for sure?

Anyway, we're here now, and there's no turning back. Enjoy the new digs, and I'm delighted to see us filling them up already.
User

Amy A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:34 pm

Jeffersonville

by Amy A » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:09 pm

Thank you so much for all that work. Good job!
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:57 pm

Robin,

I will echo Amy A. and add a hearty THANK YOU :!: May we sup and celebrate another 4 years!
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

I Need Info from the Old Site!

by Kim H » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:04 pm

Where can I go to search the old site?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: I Need Info from the Old Site!

by Robin Garr » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:45 pm

Kim H wrote:Where can I go to search the old site?

Here you go! I'll put links from the top of the forum and from the LouisvilleHotBytes home page soon.

http://www.myspeakerscorner.com/forum/index.phtml?fn=66
User

Megan Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:12 pm

scenic Germantown

by Megan Johnson » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:09 pm

congratulations and nice work!

I'm very excited and all of you are going to be sick and tired of me going ON and ON about different kinds of food and booze before long.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:58 pm

Megan Johnson wrote:I'm very excited and all of you are going to be sick and tired of me going ON and ON about different kinds of food and booze before long.

Not likely, Megan! Talking about food and drink until we've chewed all the flavor out of it, and then chewing on it some more is what we DO here. You'll fit right in!
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:15 pm

From the side of the screen the process seemed pretty smooth. Thanks!
no avatar
User

Alanna H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Colorado Springs

by Alanna H » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:37 pm

I love the new site. I subscribe to a few other groups that use this same format and I find it very user-friendly.
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:12 am

Robin Garr wrote:
Megan Johnson wrote:I'm very excited and all of you are going to be sick and tired of me going ON and ON about different kinds of food and booze before long.

Not likely, Megan! Talking about food and drink until we've chewed all the flavor out of it, and then chewing on it some more is what we DO here. You'll fit right in!

We're all like birds here .
We chew it up, spit it out...
And chew it up again.

Visualize THAT.

haha.
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
no avatar
User

Brian C B

{ RANK }

Just got here

Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:18 pm

by Brian C B » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:02 pm

I have to echo my thanks as well. Huge improvement! Has always been a great resource and the new format will only make it more so.