Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Brand M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:59 am

Flanagan's Thursday Night Tapping

by Brand M » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:30 pm

With permission from Robin, I would like to let everyone know Ashley Isaacs at Flanagan's host a keg tapping every Thursday Night.They select a new beer every week that hasn't been poured before. Ommegang Three Philosophers' Quadrupel is going to be running this Thursday.It is a complex beer that is a mix of a lambic and belgian ale style, with hints of slight cherries and a whiff of chocolate in the nose. The first 50 people that order the selected tapping ,keep the brewery glass to take home. Ashley has been hosting the tappings for quite some time and is great time.If you haven't visited before, Flanagans has a huge selection of a wide variety of draft and bottled beer. I work at Flanagans part time but not on Thursdays. I'm usually a patron on that night. Thanks Robin,for allowing me to post this.

Any questions just ask or you can call.
Flanagan's Ale House
502-585-3700
no avatar
User

Todd Pharris

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:59 pm

Re: Flanagan's Thursday Night Tapping

by Todd Pharris » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:28 pm

What time does this start? I've had this beer from a bottle and would love to try it on tap.
no avatar
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:10 pm

850 main street, charlestown, indiana

by Shawn Vest » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:48 pm

nice very nice
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. D Barry
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:53 pm

When will this occur?
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Eric McKendrick

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 21, 2008 11:19 am

by Eric McKendrick » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:00 am

what kind of wheat/summer ales does Flannigans carry besides goose island and oberon?
no avatar
User

Brand M

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Brand M » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:31 am

Doh! *slaps forehead* Giving a time of the event would be nice eh? It kicks off at 7 P.M.Don't be late or you might miss out on some glassware. I saw the glass tonight and it is pretty nifty.A mix between a wine glass and a Trappist glass.Next week's glass is a stein. Guess I will be making that one as well :).

Eric, I will have to get back with you on that tomorrow.Off the top of my head we have a few flavors of summer wheat, and German Hefe's like Franziskaner *sp* and Weihenstephener.So many come and go it's hard to keep track of all of them.
no avatar
User

Elizabeth S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:36 pm

St. Matthews

by Elizabeth S » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:30 pm

Brand,
Doesn't O'Sheas do the same thing on Wednesday's? I remember there being the same event at O'Sheas but am not sure if they feature the same beer on different nights. If so, I may go tonight to get one of those glasses. They sound really neat!
no avatar
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:02 pm

by David R. Pierce » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:09 pm

Elizabeth S wrote:Brand,
Doesn't O'Sheas do the same thing on Wednesday's? I remember there being the same event at O'Sheas but am not sure if they feature the same beer on different nights. If so, I may go tonight to get one of those glasses. They sound really neat!

I don't know if O'Shea's does it every Weds., but the first Weds. of each month is cask night. We do something special just for them. Next month, American Pale Ale with Madjool Dates. I know it sounds weird but the dark sugar sweetness of the madjools melds perfectly with the fresh hoppiness of the APA.
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
The Original BBC Brewmaster
Bluegrass Brewing Co.
St. Matthews branch
Craft Brewing Louisville continuously since 1992
no avatar
User

Matt B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:13 pm

Louisville, KY

by Matt B » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:24 pm

Brand McGowan wrote:Doh! *slaps forehead* Giving a time of the event would be nice eh? It kicks off at 7 P.M.Don't be late or you might miss out on some glassware. I saw the glass tonight and it is pretty nifty.A mix between a wine glass and a Trappist glass.Next week's glass is a stein. Guess I will be making that one as well :).

Eric, I will have to get back with you on that tomorrow.Off the top of my head we have a few flavors of summer wheat, and German Hefe's like Franziskaner *sp* and Weihenstephener.So many come and go it's hard to keep track of all of them.

How funny - I just ordered a Three Philosphers glass last week off of their website that is a mix between a wine glass and Trappist glass. I am going to try my best to be there as this is an excellent beer in the bottle.
no avatar
User

Sara D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:25 pm

by Sara D » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:43 am

Thanks for letting us know about this event! We had a great time last night.

My fiance is already insisting that we return every Thursday!

Sara
no avatar
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:11 pm

We've been a few times - always a good time on a Thursday night, and the beer of the night is always a good one.

Also very happy about the sweet potato fries on the menu now. . .
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
no avatar
User

Matt B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:13 pm

Louisville, KY

by Matt B » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:22 pm

Is there a different tapping every Thursday?
no avatar
User

Brand M

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Brand M » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:45 pm

Sara, I'm glad you guys had a good time. Did you snag a glass? I showed up at 7:30 and they were all gone ,hehe.She said they went through 110 glasses in 15-20 minutes.WOW!

Matt B, Yes sir there is a new beer selected for every thursday.This week is Bitburger Premium Pilsner. The glass is quite nice ,also. http://www.markenglas.de/product_info.p ... GLASS.html for a picture of the mug.

You can find me on the backside of the bar,usually.I brought two friends to try and expand their beer horizons.MIxed reviews, Samantha didn't like the beer and Amy loved it.One more convert for the artisian beer cult woooo.We will be drinking our cyanide spiked belgian beer next comet .....Anyone else try the cubano sandwich with the three philosophers brown mustard? It was very good.
no avatar
User

Sara D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:25 pm

by Sara D » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:52 pm

Brand McGowan wrote:Sara, I'm glad you guys had a good time. Did you snag a glass? I showed up at 7:30 and they were all gone ,hehe.She said they went through 110 glasses in 15-20 minutes.WOW!

Sure did, we got one last night too! Is there a way to see what beer they will have each week?
no avatar
User

Melissa Richards-Person

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:05 pm

The 'burbs of the Ville

by Melissa Richards-Person » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:49 pm

While DH very rarely makes suggestions - let alone plans ahead - for our food and beverage outings, he makes a point to put Thursday night's at Flanagans on his calendar...so much so that he drags me there after a workout at the gym...usually when I have no change of clothes! So, if you see a couple there where the gal is in workout shorts or sweats and a t-shirt....it's probably us! I do manage to shower before we come over, so no worries there! :shock:

Seriously, this is a great Thursday tradition and I'm sorry we missed it this week - we'll be back next week for sure!
Next