Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

Re: Louisville's Best Food & Drink Deals (Happy Hours)

by JustinHammond » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:25 pm

Brad Hayden wrote:If I'm correct, Wick's pizza has a Wednesday night all you can drink (tap) and eat (pizza) all night for $10

Is that every Wick's pizza?
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:40 pm

GaryF wrote:Both Seviches offer half- priced bottles of wine at bar Mon, Tue and Wed.
Half-priced wine and seviche, $2 margaritas and $5 mojitos throughout restaurant all evening on Sundays 5-9pm.

Oops! My bad. I should only speak of what I know.
The Mon-Wed half priced nights are at Goose Creek only. I apologize if my ignorance caused anyone inconvience.
no avatar
User

Matthew D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:22 am

No Longer Old Louisville

by Matthew D » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:36 pm

David R. Pierce wrote:BBC Tap Room has $2.00 Imperial Pints on Thursdays 4:00 - Close

Doesn't Wednesday feature $6 pitchers, or was that just a special Rob gave me that I should have kept my mouth shut about?
Thinks the frosty mug is the low point in American history.
no avatar
User

Matthew D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:22 am

No Longer Old Louisville

by Matthew D » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:40 pm

andrew mellman wrote:
Ellen P wrote:ON the CJ site is the new Metromix. http://louisville.metromix.com/restaurants

Does anybody know the story behind this? I had thought Metromix was a subsidiary of the Chicago Tribune (We use it along with Zagat and The Chicago Magazine to check out restaurants & things to do there), as the Tribune columnists (food, reviewers, entertainment, etc.) were all there. When Zell bought the Trib, did he spin it off, or is Gannett now working with the Tribune Companies, or was I wrong & Metromix is a separate company which contracts with one paper per market?????

I don't know the story behind it, but I learned all I needed to know when I clicked on the "about Metromix" link and found it to be dead. I have to say I was surprised to see such a link in the first place. The fact that it did not work restored order to my world. I'll stick with my independents.
Thinks the frosty mug is the low point in American history.
no avatar
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:02 pm

by David R. Pierce » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:03 am

Matthew D wrote:
David R. Pierce wrote:BBC Tap Room has $2.00 Imperial Pints on Thursdays 4:00 - Close

Doesn't Wednesday feature $6 pitchers, or was that just a special Rob gave me that I should have kept my mouth shut about?

Shows what I know...
Here's what I learned from our web-site

Tuesdays $5 growler refills.

Wednesdays $6 pitchers.

Thursdays $2 pints.
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
The Original BBC Brewmaster
Bluegrass Brewing Co.
St. Matthews branch
Craft Brewing Louisville continuously since 1992
no avatar
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:15 pm

I finally got a chance to visit Becca at the BBC and she was a delight. As I have said many times before; great beer, great food, and great service.

For those of you who drink beer from a bottle made 600 miles away, wake up! Try the BBC, where you can see the actual vats where the beer is made. Forget Subway, DRINK FRESH!

JustinHammond wrote:Hi Everyone--Thanks to our lovely forum host for allowing me to post this bit of PR for BBC!

As of this past Monday, BBC has lowered (that's right I said Lowered!) our happy hour prices! Monday through Friday from 3-7, imperial pints are now $3 and we are offering four appetizers for $2.49 each. You can get half orders of our blue cheese bacon chips (crazy good!), fried ravioli, fried mushroom, or soft pretzel. The happy hour wings are still available as well. I am so excited about these specials because with gas prices and food prices going up, its nice to have some good news about prices going down to share. Please come in and partake of these tasty goodies and if you are sitting at the bar on a Tuesday, Thursday or Friday--say hi! I would love to meet more of you terrific forumites!

Thanks again for letting me share the news!

Becca from BBC
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

Becca MacGilvray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:11 pm

St. Matthews

by Becca MacGilvray » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:22 pm

You're not so bad yourself Justin! Thanks for coming in! Come back and see me again!
no avatar
User

Bryan Shepherd

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:58 pm

Between Here and There

by Bryan Shepherd » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:30 pm

Not much time left, but Jock's on Breckinridge lane has $1.00 domestic bottles and $.75 draft all month long. This is from the time they open til the time they close. They have also improved their menu quite a bit. Burgers and really good bbq are on the list.

That must include the UL/UK football game........still in August!!
BShep
no avatar
User

Mark A.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu May 24, 2007 10:30 pm

by Mark A. » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:25 pm

Lucky Strike at 4th Street Live had an ad in today's paper. $24.95 for one hour of appetizers and well drinks between 4-8 p.m. Sunday through Friday.
Previous