Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

Louisville's Best Food & Drink Deals (Happy Hours)

by JustinHammond » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:38 pm

I would like everyone's input on Louisville's best food and drink deals.

My current favorites are:

$2 Pint Day at Fox & Hound - Every draft beer is $2 on Tuesdays
$20 Feast for 2 at Famous Daves - Usually priced at $34, but only $20 on Tuesdays
Half priced Martinis at 60 West - All Martinis half off on Thursdays
Happy hour at B.J.'s Brewhouse - Half priced mini pizzas, $1 off beer and apps
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
User

Todd Pharris

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:59 pm

Re: Louisville's Best Food & Drink Deals (Happy Hours)

by Todd Pharris » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:32 pm

$3.25 pints all day Sunday at Cumberland Brews.
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:02 pm

by David R. Pierce » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:20 am

BBC Tap Room has $2.00 Imperial Pints on Thursdays 4:00 - Close
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
The Original BBC Brewmaster
Bluegrass Brewing Co.
St. Matthews branch
Craft Brewing Louisville continuously since 1992
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:52 pm

Hi Everyone--Thanks to our lovely forum host for allowing me to post this bit of PR for BBC!

As of this past Monday, BBC has lowered (that's right I said Lowered!) our happy hour prices! Monday through Friday from 3-7, imperial pints are now $3 and we are offering four appetizers for $2.49 each. You can get half orders of our blue cheese bacon chips (crazy good!), fried ravioli, fried mushroom, or soft pretzel. The happy hour wings are still available as well. I am so excited about these specials because with gas prices and food prices going up, its nice to have some good news about prices going down to share. Please come in and partake of these tasty goodies and if you are sitting at the bar on a Tuesday, Thursday or Friday--say hi! I would love to meet more of you terrific forumites!

Thanks again for letting me share the news!

Becca from BBC
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:59 pm

I just had a great happy hour experience at Napa River Grill.

4:30 - 7:00 7 days a week

Half priced apps
$2.25 Bud & Bud Lights
1/2 priced glasses of wine
$3 wells
$5 martinis

I had the ahi tuna, quesadila, and shrimp scampi. They were all great, but the tuna was outstanding.

User

Todd Pharris

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:59 pm

by Todd Pharris » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:42 am

This past Thursday I went to the BBC Taproom with a couple of friend for the $2.00 pints. I had an IPA and an APA, and was in hop heaven. The bartender, whose name escapes me but who provided excellent service, told us that they have menus of several local restaurants that will deliver food to the taproom. What a great idea.
no avatar
User

Brad Hayden

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:41 pm

by Brad Hayden » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:35 pm

If I'm correct, Wick's pizza has a Wednesday night all you can drink (tap) and eat (pizza) all night for $10
Brad Hayden
Bardstown Food Manufacturer
Luna Mercato
http://www.BardstownFoodManufacturer.com
no avatar
User

Ellen P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:44 pm

by Ellen P » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:01 pm

ON the CJ site is the new Metromix. On the restaurant page, is a calendar with posted specials. I hope people can keep both lists going. We ate at Yangkee Noodle the other night and used the $5 off $20 coupon. There is another one in the scene from yesterday. (Kept intending to use the Mitchells coupon, but didn't. It expired today. I love eating out but would of course want to save some money. (I don't like it when the server should be given the coupon or certificate before a meal. I am leary of the service and/or food after that. I know some places may have to ring it up first, but I always hand it over at the end - hoping they will still accept it.
The scene usually has a nice list of specials.
http://louisville.metromix.com/restaurants
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:28 pm

Ellen P wrote:ON the CJ site is the new Metromix. http://louisville.metromix.com/restaurants

Does anybody know the story behind this? I had thought Metromix was a subsidiary of the Chicago Tribune (We use it along with Zagat and The Chicago Magazine to check out restaurants & things to do there), as the Tribune columnists (food, reviewers, entertainment, etc.) were all there. When Zell bought the Trib, did he spin it off, or is Gannett now working with the Tribune Companies, or was I wrong & Metromix is a separate company which contracts with one paper per market?????
Andrew Mellman
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:28 am

Do note that, just as we discuss when we talk about chains vs indies, if you support the CJ's Websites, you'll be taking away from LouisvilleHotBytes, LEO, Food & Dining, and all the other locally owned and operated publications that cover food from a local perspective. Just a thought.
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:02 pm

by David R. Pierce » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:06 am

Todd Pharris wrote:This past Thursday I went to the BBC Taproom with a couple of friend for the $2.00 pints. I had an IPA and an APA, and was in hop heaven. The bartender, whose name escapes me but who provided excellent service, told us that they have menus of several local restaurants that will deliver food to the taproom. What a great idea.

Todd - Glad you enjoyed the beers. Our bartender, Rob, does a great job and has a very good knowledge of beer. Feel free to bring a picnic with you or order from one of the delivery menus which are all from local, indy restaurants.
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
The Original BBC Brewmaster
Bluegrass Brewing Co.
St. Matthews branch
Craft Brewing Louisville continuously since 1992
no avatar
User

Emilie Knieriem

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 02, 2007 4:55 pm

St. Matthews

by Emilie Knieriem » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:30 am

Justin,
Thanks for including 60 West Bistro & Martini Bar on your list! We have half price Martinis on Saturday evenings as well! We also have half price bottles of wine on Wednesday and Friday evenings. We have live music on Friday and Saturday evenings, and just started our new menu which offers more variety and lower prices! Come check us out and please introduce yourself!
Emilie Knieriem
60 West Bistro & Martini Bar
3939 Shelbyville Rd.
Louisville, KY 40207
www.60westbistro.com
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:20 pm

Is the new menu posted on the website? I didn't see the short ribs on the dinner menu. I would hate to see them go. They were fantastic.

Does 60 West have any food/happy hour specials?

no avatar
User

Emilie Knieriem

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 02, 2007 4:55 pm

St. Matthews

by Emilie Knieriem » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:11 pm

The new menu is posted on the website, and yes don't worry we do still have the short ribs. We actually just changed the name from the Cimay and Chili Braised Short Ribs to the Chimay and Chili Braised Beef. It was confusing people with the title of ribs in there. We figured it would just be best as to not confuse people. Right now in the new menu we increased the amount of appetizers we offer, however we do not currently have a food happy hour special, just the drinks. However, with a couple of appetizers and a half price bottle of wine or half price martini, it isn't going to cost you too much! :D I am so glad you enjoy the Short Ribs so much, they are addictive!
Emilie Knieriem
60 West Bistro & Martini Bar
3939 Shelbyville Rd.
Louisville, KY 40207
www.60westbistro.com
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:02 pm

Both Seviches offer half- priced bottles of wine at bar Mon, Tue and Wed.
Half-priced wine and seviche, $2 margaritas and $5 mojitos throughout restaurant all evening on Sundays 5-9pm.
Next