Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

MikeG

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:22 pm

Twin Cities, MN

Re: New at Melillo's

by MikeG » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:18 am

Looks like we'll have to grab a carry out saturday!
I am the original Mike G, never mind the impostor.

I am kind of a big deal.
User

Clay Cundiff

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:54 am

by Clay Cundiff » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:55 am

Hint taken, Lori.
User

Ned Weatherby

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:29 pm

LaGrange

by Ned Weatherby » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:59 am

My wife, baby, some friends and I finally made it down to Melillos tonight and the gnocchi was wonderful in fact all the food was wonderful from appetizer to dessert. However we were plagued with rather bad service. I understand that one waitress had to go home sick which will throw a wrench in most nights for a restaurant. Luckily it was a nice night and we sat on the patio as all the inside tables were taken. We ordered the large antipasto and all got the gnocchi. I with pancetta and my wife with artichokes and fried chicken cutlet. Our friends had one plain and one with shrimp. We thought it unusual that our salads came before the app but no big deal. The lettuce seemed a bit wilted but overall all were decent salads. I enjoyed the italian dressing. They served some bread but no bread plates and when the appetizer finally came out we still did not receive any small plates so we ate with our fingers again not a huge deal. We asked for plates but never did receive any. Refills were slow to come but finally got better towards the end of the meal. Our gnocchi was again quite wonderful however my wife's came with no chicken or artichokes. The waitress said she would remove them from our bill so that was taken care of. The desserts were very good 3 tiramisu and a Cannoli. The bill came and I noticed after I paid I was charged 5 dollars for the pancetta versus the 3 stated on the menu not really worried about it but seemed odd. Overall the food was very good especially the gnocchi even if our waitress couldn't pronounce it. Sadly the service was very lacking tonight but hopefully it was just a bad night as it is hard to find decent gnocchi. I also thought the place would be a lot bigger than it is especially indoor seating. I guess because of the size of the building not realizing it was subdivided to other businesses. Overall impressed with the food but not so much tonights service.
Good Eats
Previous