Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Expanded vegetarian lunch at Sweet Surrender

by Robin Garr » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:02 pm

News release just in ... menu starts this week, but I'm checking a possible discrepancy in the exact first day. More on that soon. In any case, I'm seeing me there for lunch Real Soon Now ...

SWEET SURRENDER EXPANDS VEGETARIAN LUNCH MENU

Sweet Surrender Dessert Café & Coffee Shop, locates at 1804 Frankfort Avenue, introduces its new summer vegetarian lunch menu. The menu has been expanded to include several vegan options as well.

Available Tuesday through Saturday from 11 AM to 2 PM, the strictly vegetarian menu features a variety of hearty vegetarian and vegan panini, salads and soups.

Favorites such as the Curried Egg Salad Sandwich and Portabella Panini are still available but a few highlights from the new menu include:

Edamame Salad ~ Shelled edamame tossed with fresh cucumbers, red peppers and wasabi dressing served on a bed of Mesclun greens. $5.99

Quiche of the Week ~ Individual quiche served with a side salad. Variations include sun-dried tomato goat cheese quiches and portabella brie quiches. $7.99

Black Bean Pita ~ Spicy black bean veggie burger chopped with red peppers, salad greens, sun-dried tomato and chipotle mayonnaise. Served with choice of Sun Chips or Cranberry Pear Bulgur Salad. $7.99

For a mid-day indulgence, try a half slice of cake or cookie for dessert. Half slices of all of Sweet Surrender's cakes are available during lunch only.

Reservations are recommended for parties of eight or more. As a Louisville Wireless Hotspot, Sweet Surrender is a great place for a business meeting or study lunch.

For more information about the desserts or lunches available at Sweet Surrender please visit the website: http://www.sweetsurrenderdessertcafe.com. Orders for special occasion cakes and boxed lunches can be placed by calling (502) 899-2008. 48 hours notice on all special orders is appreciated.
User

Jessica H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:25 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Expanded vegetarian lunch at Sweet Surrender

by Jessica H » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:26 pm

Also wanted to let people know that the entire lunch menu is now up on our website and can be found here: http://www.sweetsurrenderdessertcafe.com/lunch_menu.htm.

And if you check out the Upcoming Specials page, then you will find a coupon for a free half slice of cake with lunch in the "Sweet Deals" section. The coupon is good thru the end of August.
Jessica Haskell
Owner
Sweet Surrender Dessert Cafe
http://www.sweetsurrenderdessertcafe.com
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

Re: Expanded vegetarian lunch at Sweet Surrender

by Jackie R. » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:03 pm

My tummy is growling. I can't wait to take advantage of such healthy options so close to home. Seriously, the menu looks absolutely AMAZING!!!