Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Olivia's Steakhouse

no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

Olivia's Steakhouse

by robert szappanos » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:25 pm

I seen an ad in the yellow pages. They are at 7511 hwy 329 in Crestwwod. Anybody heard of or been to this place.... :?:
no avatar
User

Scott Hack

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:09 pm

Pewee Valley, Kentucky

Re: Olivia's Steakhouse

by Scott Hack » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:42 pm

Robert,

I can give an educated guess. The location in Brownsboro... The Brownsboro Eatery. It was sold to a new owner a few years ago who planned to turn it into a steak house. Construction costs and build out ended up halting the project and the building is now for sale. I think it is listed for 575k or so.
Scott Hack
Finish Line Realty
502-376-4225
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:44 pm

Thats the place I have driven by it many times and you are right it is for sale and nothing is going on at the place...thanks..
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:47 pm

Scott Hack wrote:Robert,

I can give an educated guess. The location in Brownsboro... The Brownsboro Eatery. It was sold to a new owner a few years ago who planned to turn it into a steak house. Construction costs and build out ended up halting the project and the building is now for sale. I think it is listed for 575k or so.

There is a God. Someone posts in reply to Robert without a scathing retort. Life is good, especially with a double scoop of peach from Graeter's.

BTW, I have passed the location of Brownsboro Eatery many times and have wondered what would come of it. Anything definite?
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:43 am

Doogy R wrote:There is a God. Someone posts in reply to Robert without a scathing retort...

Actually, god had a really big hand in this thread because Robert opened a thread talking about an independent restaurant instead of a chain! It may be the first time that's ever happened. :lol:
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Actually you need to do a search on this forum and you will see that I have talked about Indys many times in the past.....The difference with me is that I eat at BOTH Indys and Chains unlike others that will not step inside of a chain or if they do they go in already hating the food without even trying it first....I will admit that I go to chains more but I do go to Indys also....There is room for both.....Now go out and enjoy this nice sunny day..... :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

A couch in Andy's house.

by David Clancy » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:45 pm

robert szappanos wrote:Actually you need to do a search on this forum and you will see that I have talked about Indys many times in the past.....The difference with me is that I eat at BOTH Indys and Chains unlike others that will not step inside of a chain or if they do they go in already hating the food without even trying it first....I will admit that I go to chains more but I do go to Indys also....There is room for both.....Now go out and enjoy this nice sunny day..... :mrgreen:
Maybe it's time too put on you're big girl pants and enjoy this nice sunny day by dining with ME!!! (that would be a step outside the box eh). Search the forum for you're posts Robert? what will I find?? What do you think??? (maybe I will post them all just for fun, kinda like how you dragged out a skeleton for me and, subsequently, put my current tenure at risk on an open forum?? Great job!!. Or kinda how you bashed my restaurant on this forum without even dining there...great job again!). Damn, I really wish Olivia's was open (I'm sure if they were a chain they would be open...and doing well no doubt with their stocks rising and all just like Texas Roadhouse...) cause then I could get a really great dry aged steak cooked to a crisp and beyond recognition....just the way I like it!, well done and full of flavor and juicyness, just like they burn it for me at Longhorns....But wait..there's more...and then..I can can post a one-line sentence telling everyone how I enjoyed my leather cause they are a chain after all and have to be good..YES! YUMMY!!(and wash it down with a frosty Bud....brilliant!!)...........The corner you are painting is getting smaller and. next time, you are off the island in my book! SLAMMED???? Sound's familiar does'nt it Robert?? Let's pray now.........

P.S. (means post script by the way). Feel free PM me if you need to cleanse yourself of any wrong-doing....I promise I won't post anything :wink:
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
(Is this your homework Larry?)
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:02 pm

Your a sick man David....Get help..... :cry:
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:04 pm

O by the way feel free to go back and even go back to the old forum posts...Cant wait to see what you found...I already have a list just incase you miss some..... :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

A couch in Andy's house.

by David Clancy » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:23 am

robert szappanos wrote:Your a sick man David....Get help..... :cry:
Yes...I need help Robert!! Pray for me, lest I become an internet troll and am relegated to one-line baiting for entertainment...(don't be so hard on yourself Robert.....)
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:51 am

I will pray for you David....It is very clear you need help....
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:19 am

robert szappanos wrote:I will pray for you David....It is very clear you need help....

Good bye, Robert.
no avatar
User

Derrick Dones

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:02 am

by Derrick Dones » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:17 am

Robin, this is your forum, and you are welcome to run it as you please...

I also think Robert can be an instigating, one-liner spouting, blow-hole who enjoys stirring things up. However, in this instance it appears that David was the source of the derogatory rant. Why was Robert the only one reprimanded?

David, I have nothing against you...just thought that if hands were being slapped, yours should be slapped along with Roberts. Additionally, I am not taking sides...just curious.

Peace and carrots! DD
no avatar
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

A couch in Andy's house.

by David Clancy » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:34 am

Derrick Dones wrote:Robin, this is your forum, and you are welcome to run it as you please...

I also think Robert can be an instigating, one-liner spouting, blow-hole who enjoys stirring things up. However, in this instance it appears that David was the source of the derogatory rant. Why was Robert the only one reprimanded?

David, I have nothing against you...just thought that if hands were being slapped, yours should be slapped along with Roberts. Additionally, I am not taking sides...just curious.

Peace and carrots! DD
Guilty as charged!! I will, most likely, ban myself from this forum as I clearly have a hard time sitting on my hands. Appologies are in order for Robert and anyone else I offended with my rant...
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:38 am

David Clancy wrote:I will, most likely, ban myself from this forum as I clearly have a hard time sitting on my hands.

Please don't do that, Dave. You're welcome here.
Next