Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Strawberry Shortcake

no avatar
User

Melissa S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:03 pm

Strawberry Shortcake

by Melissa S » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:10 pm

Can anyone tell me where I can get a really good strawberry shortcake. I like the kind that has a white soft cake, whipped cream type filling and loads of strawberries. I need one for a birthday in about one week. Thanks!
no avatar
User

Megan Watts

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:44 am

Louisville

Re: Strawberry Shortcake

by Megan Watts » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:02 am

I recently had a strawberry shortcake from The Fresh Market that used cake and whip cream. It was stacked in 3 layers. They had individual ones, and a larger dessert as well. I dont' know if you can request them to make one, or just take your chances that they'll have it.
no avatar
User

elaine m

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:54 am

East End

Re: Strawberry Shortcake

by elaine m » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:06 am

Call Andrea at Q&A Sweet Treats in LaGrange (502-265-0550). My friends swear by her for all their 'special occasion' cakes. She definitely can do a custom shortcake for you, and it will be absolutely delicious. :D
Of all the things that I've lost, I miss my mind the most!