Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Taste of the Grapevine

no avatar
User

Sherrie G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 02, 2007 4:13 pm

Taste of the Grapevine

by Sherrie G » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:53 pm

My husband and I will be attending the Taste of the Grapevine at the Hyatt on August 9. It's an event benefiting the American Cancer Society. There is little online information, but I'm told some local vendors will be providing samplings of food and drink. I'm curious who might be providing these tastings. Anyone know?

Thanks ahead of time.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Taste of the Grapevine

by Robin Garr » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:56 pm

Sherrie G wrote:My husband and I will be attending the Taste of the Grapevine at the Hyatt on August 9. It's an event benefiting the American Cancer Society. There is little online information, but I'm told some local vendors will be providing samplings of food and drink. I'm curious who might be providing these tastings. Anyone know?

Thanks ahead of time.

First I've heard of it too, Sherrie, but if the organizers will get in touch with me, I'll gladly announce it in the forum and consider it as a public-service announcement on the LouisvilleHotBytes home page.
no avatar
User

Jessica H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:25 pm

Crescent Hill

by Jessica H » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:34 pm

Sweet Surrender will be providing dessert at the event. We participate every year. As a cancer survivor myself, I try to help support the American Cancer Society as best I can. Not only is it a wonderful cause, but we always have a lot of fun at the event as well.

I believe that the sign-up sheets just went out a couple of weeks ago, so the list of restaurants and other vendors probably has not yet been completed. If I hear who else is participating, I'll everyone know. And I will definitely tell the organizers to get in touch with Robin.
Jessica Haskell
Owner
Sweet Surrender Dessert Cafe
http://www.sweetsurrenderdessertcafe.com
no avatar
User

Jonathan Farris

{ RANK }

Just got here

Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:22 pm

by Jonathan Farris » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:53 pm

I don't know any of the other vendors, but I'm the Head Server/Floor Manager of Nios @ 917 and I'm proud to say that we will be a part of the Taste of the Grapevine! :D