Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Happy Anniversary Cafe Lou Lou

no avatar
User

Laura B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:46 am

Miami, Florida

Happy Anniversary Cafe Lou Lou

by Laura B » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:56 pm

My family of three had a great dinner at Cafe Lou Lou on their first anniversary at the new locale last night! While we miss the closeness of having them right down the street, we still don't have to go far for a fabulous meal. My husband and I shared the special pizza - a combination of house-made pesto (yummm!), fresh mozzerella, carmelized onions and roasted red peppers. It was to die for!! :D Our daughter had her fav - pepperoni. And, the "piece de la resistance", Marsha's scrumptious lemon cupcakes, free to all diners, and topped with icing to match the colors of the walls! Great job, Marsha! You nailed the green! (Jim gave us the lowdown about how you came out of the kitchen while mixing the icing to compare the color to the walls!) Besides all of that, it was 1/2 price wine night and Scott's birthday!!! A great way to spend a Wednesday!
When in doubt, add more wine.
no avatar
User

Michele Melillo-Clem

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:26 am

East Market Street

Re: Happy Anniversary Cafe Lou Lou

by Michele Melillo-Clem » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:10 pm

Gosh I LOVE that place!!! Happy Anniversary to a classic!
It's the hand of the cook that expresses the heart.

Michele Melillo-Clem
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: Happy Anniversary Cafe Lou Lou

by Marsha L. » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:04 am

Thanks to everybody that joined us on our anniversary - I'm glad the cupcakes were a hit. Yes, the green was perfect, but that particular color of orange is a monster (anything with red food coloring always is).

Sprinkles heal all, though 8)

Stand by for the grand opening of our Highlands location, next month!
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist