Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

India Palace in Clarksville

no avatar
User

Amy A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:34 pm

Jeffersonville

India Palace in Clarksville

by Amy A » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:34 pm

Tonight was the grand opening and we were just lucky enough to be driving past. I can not tell you how pleased I am to have this in my area. The food was wonderful. Service was spotty, but it was their first night and I will totally let that slide just out of sheer happiness to have Indian food close to me.

We've always been Shalimar people, but I foresee this being a regular spot now.
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Re: India Palace in Clarksville

by Doogy R » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:07 pm

If it's as good as Shalimar, I am there.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Amy A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:34 pm

Jeffersonville

by Amy A » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:02 pm

The Vindaloo was vastly superior, imo. The Tikka Masala was almost identical, except that India Palace made it spicier, woohoo!

I liked their sauces for the pakoras better at India Palace.....but......their poori was poor.

So:

Entrees better.
Service worse.
Sauces better.
Bread worse.

I'll get the naan next time to see how it compares.
no avatar
User

Todd Antz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 11, 2007 12:37 pm

Clarksville, IN

by Todd Antz » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:57 pm

I stopped in on Tuesday for their opening lunch. Settled into the buffet so that I could get a good sampling of what they offer. Great food, extremely tasty, with many options on the buffet to choose from. Nothing too spicy, but there were a few things with a bit of heat to them. The menu has a lot more exotic offerings that what is available on the buffet, which is very promising. I believe they wisely choose to place more general tasting food on the buffet (considering the market they are in with Clarksville) but everything was well prepared. The place is spotlessly clean, and well put together. They put a lot of time into getting the building into shape, rehabbing it from a very old Ponderosa and someone's ill-fated attempt at putting a bar in there 2 years ago.

It looks like they have a decent beer list of 8-12 different craft and import beers, the wine list is miserable, but hopefully they will upgrade this when they realize the good food should not be paired with grocery store wine.

Service was ok, but considering that I ate at a buffet, it is hard to judge. My drinks were kept full, and that is about all I ask for at a buffet. Every one working at the restaurant kept asking if I had tried Indian food before, but seemed to leave me alone when I explained that I had tried it before. I saw several people getting explanations about what was being served, which is a necessity for this market. I got to meet the owners, and they are very excited at the opportunity. Hopefully people will come out and help support this place.
Keg Liquors
Keeping Kentuckiana Beer'd since 1976
http://www.kegliquors.com

617 E. Lewis & Clark Pkwy
Clarksville, IN 47129
812-283-3988

4304 Charlestown Road
New Albany, IN 47150
812-948-0444