Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Bastille event July 14-20 at new Jeff Bristol

by Robin Garr » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:29 am

Bastille at the Bristol

Visit the Bristol Bar and Grill Jeffersonville
At the Sheraton Riverside
Monday July 14th through Sunday July 20th for Great Food and Wine Deals with a French Twist! 5:00 to close.

Bastille at the Bristol will feature a special menu of French dishes prepared by chef Richard Doering and a wine list specially selected for the occasion by Wine Director Scott Harper. The French wines will all be marked downed to wine shop prices, like all of the Bristol's wines and they will be available by the glass, bottle, and in flights.

Chef Richard Doering's special French-inspired menu is as follows:

Appetizer
Flammkuche $6.95
An Alsatian tart of fresh cheese, onions and thick bacon (lardons)
Sauvignon Blanc Cheverny "Delaille" Domaine Du Lalvard '06/'07 (Loire Valley, France) 17.00 5.75

Entrees
Choucroute Garni $14.95
Typical Alsatian dish of sauerkraut, Riesling, potatoes, sausage, bacon and pork, served with whole grain mustard.
Riesling Domaine Botte-Geyl "Le Elements" '05 (Alsace) 19.00 6.25

Coq Au Vin from the Rotisserie $14.95
A French stew with a twist, Rotisserie chicken with mushrooms, thick bacon (lardons), garlic, onions, and wine. Served with ratatouille, gratin potatoes and Bristol house salad.
Grenache Blend Chateauneuf Du Pape Perrin & Fils "Les Sinards" '04 (Rhone, France) 30.50 9.75

Tournedos Richelieu $24.95
2, 4-ounce beef filet medallions served with a demi-glace enhanced with a truffled Foie gras butter. Served with ratatouille, gratin potatoes Bristol house salad.
Cabernet Franc Chinon Joguet "Cuvee Terrior" '06 (Loire Valley, France) 25.00 7.95

Cheese
French Cheese plate for two $11.95
A selection of three artesanal French cheeses served with fresh and dried fruits, nuts and crackers.
Merlot Lussac St. Emilion Chateau De Bellevue '04/'05 (Bordeaux, France) 28.50 9.25

Bristol Bar & Grille Jeffersonville
At the Sheraton Riverside
700 West Riverside Drive
Jeffersonville, Indiana
812-218-1995
no avatar
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

Re: Bastille event July 14-20 at new Jeff Bristol

by Mark Head » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:24 am

Just to update....my wife and I went to Clarksville last night for Bastille week at the new Bristol. They've done a great re-model with a wonderful deck with beautiful views of the city. Tuesday night and the place was packed....that was good to see. Took a few minutes to find a parking spot and while we had no wait....90% of the tables were occupied. Several large parties were in attendance I noticed. The dining room and bar are attractive in typical Bristol fashion.

We started with the addictive green chili wantons. My wife had the Coq Au Vin and I had the Choucroute Garni. Both dished were real nice and flavorfull. Certainly on par with the rest of the Bristol's menu. A relatively inexpensive Chateauneuf du Pape was serviceable for both dishes. We took home a slice if italian cream cake. Total bill with tip at an even $100. Service was fine if at times a bit clumsey. The fairly young waiter was not familier with the special menu and struggeled with opening the bottle of wine. But he was very friendly and attentive....I'm sure experience is all that's needed here.

This is a much needed addition to the So. Indiana dining scene.
no avatar
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:55 pm

Ah, the nostalgia. Chef Clancy and I did two Bastille Day beer dinners with Bieres de Garde at the defunct Bistro New Albany. They were both wonderful, and provided great chances to pair little known Northern French ales with spot-on cuisine.

Maybe next year, Dave -- wherever we can! :D
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:56 pm

Roger A. Baylor wrote:Maybe next year, Dave -- wherever we can! :D

Save me a seat!
no avatar
User

Todd Antz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 11, 2007 12:37 pm

Clarksville, IN

by Todd Antz » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:44 pm

Roger A. Baylor wrote:Ah, the nostalgia. Chef Clancy and I did two Bastille Day beer dinners with Bieres de Garde at the defunct Bistro New Albany. They were both wonderful, and provided great chances to pair little known Northern French ales with spot-on cuisine.

Maybe next year, Dave -- wherever we can! :D

I saw the title and had fond memories of the old NABC/Bistro New Albany Bastille Day dinners... we need to figure out how to make that happen again!
Keg Liquors
Keeping Kentuckiana Beer'd since 1976
http://www.kegliquors.com

617 E. Lewis & Clark Pkwy
Clarksville, IN 47129
812-283-3988

4304 Charlestown Road
New Albany, IN 47150
812-948-0444