Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Becky M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:02 pm

the other side of the river.....

Re: Best BBQ....ribs?

by Becky M » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:00 am

Paul.....thanks for all the information.....it sounds like a good place to go with the family for a saturday lunch......i really appreciate the information......what i dont appreciate ...... is you leaving a very pregnant woman with cravings thinking about good bbq at midnight..... :wink: :wink: :wink: .......

i am off to bed now........p.s. the baby is happily kicking at the thought of the good ribs he will be getting.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:41 am

Becky M wrote:great! ....the no smoking sealed it for me.......and trust me.....i come from south texas and lived in mexico as well.....and i know that some of the best places are the small little places that some people would say...."what?!"......

another question......can children go as well.....or would you suggest we get something to go for them?........

also what are your hours?.....

You won't be disappointed by the FABD. A great and unusual place. Also Pepperwood was one of the best and have carried on here.

ROBERT I don't disagree with the places that you recommend, but you really should try this place and you might add one.
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
no avatar
User

Paul Nicheols

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 24, 2008 1:07 am

FABD Smokehouse

by Paul Nicheols » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:29 pm

Thank you Steve, I am starting to do nightly specials. They will range from Smoked Salmon and Catfish to Smoked Tenderloin and Meatloaf.
User

DeeDee D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:48 pm

Sellersburg, IN

by DeeDee D » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:50 pm

Paul, do you have your menu online???
Realtor, Semonin Realtors
Selling homes in beautiful Indiana
no avatar
User

Paul Nicheols

{ RANK }

Foodie

FABD Smokehouse

by Paul Nicheols » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:12 pm

DeeDee, Sorry I do not have a our website up and running yet. It is supposed to be completed soon. Our menu consists of Pulled Pork, White Meat or BBQ Chicken, Beef Brisket, Ribs, Whole Chickens, many homemade sides, and some fried foods including some tasty wings. If you are in the area, feel free to stop by and pick up one of our menus or you can call me at the store and I can give you a better detailed description of what we serve. Thank you. Does anyone know someone who can put a website together for me? I am fed up with the guy I have working on it now, he keeps giving me excuse after excuse.
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:10 pm

850 main street, charlestown, indiana

by Shawn Vest » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:37 am

the bbq at the depot is always good

its hard not to stop if get a good whiff in the afternoon
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. D Barry
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699
User

John Greenup

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:03 pm

Oldham County

by John Greenup » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:21 pm

So much BBQ, so little time...

Locally, I prefer Bootleg....but if you're out in western Kentucky, try Knoth's BBQ in Lake City....they had a delicious spicy BBQ sauce that would singe your nose hairs.....
"I want to go where the hand of man has never set foot."

-- Samuel Goldwyn
no avatar
User

Rob_DeLessio

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:25 pm

by Rob_DeLessio » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:11 am

IF you want to make perfect, meat off of the bone, ribs, do the following:

1 - score the back of the ribs, and pat with a dry rub
2 - grill the ribs for about 15 minutes on each side
3 - put in a pan that consists of liquid smoke, crushed garlic, lime juice, and water (place the ribs vertically on a pan that allows them to not sit in the mixture)
4 - cover the pan with film, and then foil so that it is air tight
5 - bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, then 250 for three hours
6 - remove from oven, baste with bbq sauce, and then grill again until the sauce starts to carmelize.

I guarantee you will not be disappointed.
User

Tom Holstein

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:55 am

Derby City :)

by Tom Holstein » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:30 am

John Greenup wrote:So much BBQ, so little time...

Locally, I prefer Bootleg....but if you're out in western Kentucky, try Knoth's BBQ in Lake City....they had a delicious spicy BBQ sauce that would singe your nose hairs.....

Wow John........forgot all about Knoth's. I use to haul out of Calvert City hammer down headin' for Louisville and just couldn't get past Lake City. Took a bunch of napkins to handle that mess.

You're so right, their hot sauce was properly named. :D

Thanks for the flashy...
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:13 pm

I took Paul up on his rib offer last night and I was not disappointed. The ribs were great; with a dry rub and great smoke flavor. The beans and potato salad had a different taste than any other I have ever had, but were absolutely delicious.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

Paul Nicheols

{ RANK }

Foodie

FABD Smokehouse

by Paul Nicheols » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:11 am

Thanks Justin, I am glad you enjoyed your dinners last night. Ribs are smoked everyday and I try to have them off by 5, just in time for the dinner crowd. They are truly the freshest you can get. I hope the service was just as good. Thanks again.
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:53 am

Paul,

I would just set up a simple myspace page for right now. It is easy and free.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
Previous