Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

Danny Mac's CHEESESTEAK, It's still good

by Brian Curl » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:47 pm

I am happy to report that Danny Mac's is still doing a nice cheesesteak. The steak is good and tender, lots of melted, gooey cheese, peppers and onions added upon request. Also a side of Au Jus. It's good and worth a trip. I called ahead on my way and it was ready when I got there.

Danny Mac's CHEESESTEAK $6.99
This is Danny Mac's Favorite Sandwich!
Fresh seasoned REAL Steak mixed with Italian Cheeses.
Served with a side of Au Jus.
You might want to add Green Peppers, Onions or Mushrooms

http://www.freewebs.com/dannymac1973/index.htm
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: Danny Mac's CHEESESTEAK, It's still good

by Marsha L. » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:19 pm

Okay, this is eerie. John and I just ordered Danny Mac's pizza (the combo, small = $8.99) and a cheesesteak to share tonight for the last evening of my weekend off my diet. Pizza and cheesesteak both still great, arrived via still-free delivery all the way over to our place in the Highlands, piping-hot enough to burn fingers. Cheerful phone service, cheerful delivery; $18 total tab before tip.

I'm so thrilled that Danny is still in business and still delivering, up until 11 PM on a Sunday night. Kudos, Danny!
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
no avatar
User

Matt B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:13 pm

Louisville, KY

by Matt B » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:37 am

This is one of the only sandwiches in Louisville that I truly get a jones for on occasion. The other being a burger from Granville.
Get it with the onions and mushrooms and it is a meal by itself. One of the other things that puts this sandwich over the top for me is the au jus served with it.
It gets messy but is worth every penny.
no avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:07 am

Three large words of praise for Danny Mac's: Chicken Bacon Ranch!!!!

And for you old timers of the board- Danny Mac's Rocks!!!!!! :lol:
no avatar
User

MikeG

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:22 pm

Twin Cities, MN

by MikeG » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:37 am

Ed Vermillion wrote:And for you old timers of the board- Danny Mac's Rocks!!!!!! :lol:

You know I still refuse to try this place solely because of that whole ordeal.
I am the original Mike G, never mind the impostor.

I am kind of a big deal.
no avatar
User

Danny Mac

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:46 pm

1567 South Shelby Street

by Danny Mac » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:51 am

:roll:
Dan McMahon
no avatar
User

Aaron Thomas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:07 am

Highlands

by Aaron Thomas » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:37 pm

This thread inspired me to take a trip to Danny Mac's today for lunch and acquire a cheesesteak for myself, and it didn't disappoint! That's one great cheesesteak!
no avatar
User

Scott Hack

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:09 pm

Pewee Valley, Kentucky

by Scott Hack » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:19 pm

Now that I'm a free man, this is on my list of places to give a shot! Can someone familiar with the area give me some directions? I'll be coming from Oldham County.
Scott Hack
Finish Line Realty
502-376-4225
no avatar
User

Brian Taylor Clark

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:58 am

Louisville, Ky

by Brian Taylor Clark » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:49 pm

It's pretty simple to get to. Get off on Poplar Level from the Watterson heading towards St X, highlands area, Audubon hospital, etc. It's going to be about three miles from the xway, past the hospital and virtually across the street from St X. There's a Super America right at Clarks Lane and Poplar, take a left on Clarks and it's right up on the left.

To be honest I get carry out there than most other places because it's close and they really have alot of good choices. Their baked spaghetti with chicken I feel is pretty damn good, it's like chicken parmesan pasta. They usually turn their chicken/bacon sub into a calzone for me and it's my favorite cheat meal!! Everyone's palate is different but I feel like the sauce most emulates the old Impellizeri's pizza sauce. Out of about 30 times getting food from them I've never been dissapointed. I still haven't tried that Philly cheese steak, but if it's half as good as the other stuff there... And yes that first thread on here about a year ago was pretty damn funny :)
Brian Taylor Clark
Real Estate Agent-Semonin Realtors-502-558-1441
Specializing in Investment Property/Client Sales in the Highlands, Germantown, Crescent Hill, and St. Matthews
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:22 am

The hubby and I decided to try the cheesesteak for ourselves last night, and, OMG, was it good! Messy as hell to eat, but worth it. The guy who waited on us (it may have been Danny himself) was joking with us, saying how ours were cheesesteak 499 and 500 of the day. Can't wait to try the other things on the menu, but the cheesesteak will definitely be on the list of food I crave. I ate every bite, including the mushrooms, onions, and peppers, which I don't normally like on a sandwich. I've already told several of the ladies that I work with, who are foodies, to give the place a try.
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"
no avatar
User

JeffD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:04 pm

Louisville

by JeffD » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:58 am

I was also one of the 500 served yesterday as a group from our office ventured over. Of course we all had the cheesestake and we all gave an overwhelming thumbs up. The meat, with the pepper/onion option, was well seasoned and savory with lots of gooey cheese. This is not your dad's Cheese Whiz mind you, but a nice provolone or mozzerella I suspect. I was most impressed with the roll on which it was served. I'm not sure of the bread, but it added tremendously to the overall outcome with its hint of butter and garlic. For those who haven't been, it will not dissapoint, but be aware there is very limited seating (only two 4 tops). It is more of a carry out and limited delivery operation. A facility with a little bit more dining space could serve them well, but I wouldn't change a thing on food so far.
Are you crazy? The fall will probably kill you. ..... Butch Cassidy
no avatar
User

Larry Lenning

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:22 pm

by Larry Lenning » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:13 am

I order 4 Cheesteaks for delivery last night. The guy on the phone said it would be about 30 mins. Well after about 30 mins the phone rang, it was Danny, or he said it was. He was calling to let us know that just after we placed our order, about 6:30, they got really busy and that our order was just now leaving. That right there is great customer service if I say so myself. Our cheesteaks arrived 10 mins later are I have to say, they were outstanding.
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:18 pm

If we lived in the delivery area, I'd weigh 800 lbs. That may be a place we go to a few times a month as a treat. OMG, I'm drooling just thinking about it, and the roll WAS absolutely fantastic. Can't wait to go back.
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:47 pm

Scott Hack wrote:Now that I'm a free man

I was gonna let this pass but I keep wondering, so I'll go ahead and ask....

Getting divorced? Surely you wouldn't brag about getting out of jail, so..... :mrgreen:
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
no avatar
User

Scott Hack

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:09 pm

Pewee Valley, Kentucky

by Scott Hack » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:06 pm

Marsha,

For the past five years I owned and operated Fast Break Pizza in Crestwood. It was pretty much open to close and 7 days a week for 4 out of the 5 years. I have since sold it and I'm on to selling real estate. You must have been out the day I posted the thread announcing my freedom with a shameless self promotion of my new endeavor.
Scott Hack
Finish Line Realty
502-376-4225
Next