Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Bazo's is open

no avatar
User

Ellen White

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:00 pm

st. matthews

Bazo's is open

by Ellen White » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:42 pm

Called Bazo's on Friday to see if they are open yet. The guy said "kind of". When I asked what that meant, he said that they didn't have their menu board up and they didn't have some minor details finished, but they are serving food. He said that so many people called and stopped by to see when they would be open that they decided to go ahead and serve customers before they had every little last detail in place. I will have to check it out pretty soon, as my daughter loves it. The new location is in the Village 8 shopping center, where the Ice Cream Factory used to be.
no avatar
User

Kevin Curtis

{ RANK }

Just got here

Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:22 pm

Re: Bazo's is open

by Kevin Curtis » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:31 pm

Thanks for the update. We've been jonesing for a fish taco for weeks. Love 'em.
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:14 pm

Was just looking over the menu today...everything sounds great!
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"
no avatar
User

Jo Self

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:54 pm

St. Matthews

by Jo Self » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:03 pm

Thanks for sharing! I've been missing them lately and wasn't sure where they went.
Food is our common ground, a universal experience. - James Beard
Event Savant
Bon Vivant Savant Dining & Events Club
http://bonvivantsavant.com
http://www.bvsevents.com
no avatar
User

Tony_S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:51 pm

Louisville

by Tony_S » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:58 pm

Where is Bazo's now? I'm in need of a fish Taco. I saw the signs at the old location, but now they're gone. Can someone help me get a fix! :idea:
no avatar
User

Ellen White

{ RANK }

Foodie

st. matthews

by Ellen White » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:10 am

They are in the same shopping center where the Village 8 Theater is located. If you are facing that center, the Village 8 is on your right. To your left, near the corner of the building, there is an inside hallway, and it is inside there. There used to be a restaurant called the Ice Cream Factory in the same location.
no avatar
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:57 pm

4014 Dutchmans Lane

...pretty much directly across the street from Wild Eggs.
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
no avatar
User

Tony_S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:51 pm

Louisville

by Tony_S » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:45 pm

Thanks for the updates. I'll try to get over there sometime soon. :D
no avatar
User

JRColvin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:03 pm

by JRColvin » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:52 pm

Five years ago, they were making the best chicken quesadilla in the city -- big, thick, tasty -- and I'd go there twice a week. A year or two ago, they changed it... it now contains very little substance, barely any chicken. Even worse than those at Taco Bell, yet they have the nerve to still charge three times as much. I gave the new Bazo's a chance recently, and I'm sad to report that they're still pushing this newer style chicken quesadilla on us. Good luck, Bazo's. You used to be great, but not anymore.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:13 pm

I'll be honest, I have never thought of Bazo's for anything but fish tacos - that's their core competency, as far as I'm concerned. JR, have you (or anyone looking on) tried the fish or shrimp tacos at the new place yet?

JRColvin wrote:Five years ago, they were making the best chicken quesadilla in the city -- big, thick, tasty -- and I'd go there twice a week. A year or two ago, they changed it... it now contains very little substance, barely any chicken. Even worse than those at Taco Bell, yet they have the nerve to still charge three times as much. I gave the new Bazo's a chance recently, and I'm sad to report that they're still pushing this newer style chicken quesadilla on us. Good luck, Bazo's. You used to be great, but not anymore.
no avatar
User

Ellen White

{ RANK }

Foodie

st. matthews

by Ellen White » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:55 pm

I have tried the shrimp tacos twice since they've been at the new location. I order mine with no cheese and no chipolte sauce, but that's the way I ordered them at the old place, too. I could be wrong, but it seems like the shrimp is smaller now. Also, I just don't think the shrimp tacos taste as good as they used to; the shrimp seems to be chewy and tasteless. I went there the other day and ordered the 3 taco plate, with one chicken, one shrimp, and one grilled fish. The chicken was dry, the shrimp had no taste, and I hated the grilled fish (first time I had tried it, at either location). The salsa bar is a joke; it has either hot or mild, that's it. It doesn't even have any "salsa fresca".
I think the food was definitely better at the old location.
no avatar
User

JRColvin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:03 pm

by JRColvin » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:15 am

I've not tried the fish tacos, but maybe I should. I'm the most indecisive person in the world, so once I find something I like (or, as with their chicken quesadillas long ago, love), I tend to stick with it. I liked the days when I could go there once or twice a week and order the same thing without thinking. Maybe I need to change my ways.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:54 am

JRColvin wrote:I've not tried the fish tacos, but maybe I should. I'm the most indecisive person in the world, so once I find something I like (or, as with their chicken quesadillas long ago, love), I tend to stick with it. I liked the days when I could go there once or twice a week and order the same thing without thinking. Maybe I need to change my ways.

Well, remember that it did change ownership a couple of years ago, and frankly, we haven't found it quite as exciting under the newer owners. But still, fish taco is their game, so it might be worth a try!
no avatar
User

Peter C

{ RANK }

Just got here

Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:55 pm

by Peter C » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:53 pm

Ate at Bazo's today... fish tacos. Good stuff! I've always got fish tacos there so, though I can't vouch for the earlier disparaging comment about a different menu item, I'm still an aficionado of their fish tacos, clean restaurant, friendly service, and excellent prices. Also, in contrast to their prior location, I find the new location a lot smarter... nearer to businesses and traffic as a whole. I drive there from New Albany - and it's worth it. I hope they're in there for the long haul, for sure! ~ Pete
no avatar
User

Aaron Newton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:34 pm

by Aaron Newton » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:58 pm

Went for the fish tacos today. They were stuffed full, to their detriment. My first taco came apart after three bites. Overall it seemed like the flavor was abit lacking compared to previous times. (this is the first time I've been to Bazo's since before the ownership change) Can't say we'll make it a point to return anytime soon. The place is indeed quite clean, though the menu board still isn't up and the long window table facing Dutchman's lane has caution tape draped over it - I think maybe because it's not secured to the floor yet, but I couldn't swear to it.
Next