Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

KrisHamilton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:08 pm

Okolona

Del Frisco's -- Anyone have a menu??

by KrisHamilton » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:29 pm

My wife and some friends of ours are planning on going to Del Frisco's at the end of the month, and we were looking for a menu. Does anyone know if there is anyplace online that we can look? Thanks!

Kris
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Del Frisco's -- Anyone have a menu??

by Robin Garr » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:07 pm

KrisHamilton wrote:My wife and some friends of ours are planning on going to Del Frisco's at the end of the month, and we were looking for a menu. Does anyone know if there is anyplace online that we can look?

Kris, I'm not having any luck finding a menu for them on either of the local menu sites, louisvillediner.com or menusoflouisville.com - there's a link to a Del Frisco's Website, but it's the chain spawned by Louisville's Del Frisco back in the '80s, and it happens that the Louisville operation is no longer connected with the chain.

As I recall, though, it's pretty typical pricing for a high-end steakhouse, comparable with Pat's but not quite up there with Ruby's or Morton's or Ruth's Chris.
User

KrisHamilton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:08 pm

Okolona

by KrisHamilton » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:48 am

Thanks, I thought it may be a lost cause! I was unaware of the menusoflouisville.com site, though and have added it to the mental rolodex .
User

Vince Yustas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:38 pm

Brandenburg, KY

Some Thoughts About Del Frisco's

by Vince Yustas » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:01 am

I don't have a menu but do have some recommendations. You won't find better steaks. Some have been critical of what they describe as a decor getting "old." That is being changed, but even if so, you can't beat the food and the service. The steaks are aged prime served on sizzling plates with clarified butter. They also have lobster and king crab (and I believe other meats and chicken, but I don't really remember for sure). The lobster bisque is delicious and the salads are excellent. The steaks are around $20-$25 with the sides a la carte. These include sauteed mushrooms and potatoes au gratin. The sides are large enough for two and go for about $3-$4. Make sure someone orders the green phunque. It's their own creamed spinach casserole with bacon, cheese, onions, muchrooms, scrambled eggs, and a couple other "secret ingredient."
Here's a hint: My wife and I always get the chateaubriand for two. You get the prime filet, together with roasted vegetables and the green phunque for one price of $49 the last timme we went (i.e., you get the steaks and sides without the a la carte prices). The key is that it is not a true chateaubriand; it is actually two filets. That way the couple doesn't have to "negotiate" the doneness. In the extreme, one could get it very rare with the other getting vwery well (ugh).
Hope this helps. You definitely won't go wrong and you wallet won't be drained.
I don't put much stock in those national "review" sites, but there are some very good reviews at Citysearch.com. Here's the link:
http://louisville.citysearch.com/review/4277022
User

BrianW

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:30 pm

Behind Enemy Lines in the 9th District

Ditto what Vince said...

by BrianW » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:50 am

The steaks are great, though not inexpensive. That's what they get for prime, aged beef these days I guess. My wife and I like the surf n' turf, which is a small filet and a decent wedge of Swordfish. The au gratins are very tasty also. Some of the seating can be dark, so we always ask for a table in the middle where it seems to be best lit, though that may have all changed since our last visit last year.

Regards,
Brian
Liberalism is a 'no brainer'.
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:23 pm

Always have had an excellent steak at Del Frisco's. It has been 20 years since I first ate there. While the interior needs some freshening you can always count on the quality of their steaks.