Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Fast Break Pizza sold.

no avatar
User

Scott Hack

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:09 pm

Pewee Valley, Kentucky

Fast Break Pizza sold.

by Scott Hack » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:45 am

Rob and I have sold Fast Break Pizza to a husband and wife team who have been long time regular customers. They will be taking over the store July 1st. The store will be close during the first week in July for renovations which I haven't been clued in on the entire plan. I do know that they plan to implement several things that I wanted to do including the patio outside and adding a grill to the kitchen so burgers and chicken breast sandwiches can be grilled. The dining room is going to get another upgrade. The wall that Rob and I built 4 months ago has been working out well. It is my understanding that they will not be messing with our pizza recipe, just adding some more pub type fare to the menu and of course utilizing the grill they plan to install.

After giving the business the past five years of my life, I'm ready to move on. I'm going to miss it terribly, but the headaches involved with staffing and the constant struggle to keep costs of goods in check with menu prices has made it tougher and tougher. My customer's wallets are lighter and lighter with the cost of fuel taking more and more of their income and I don't have the desire to push the business to keep things moving. I'm excited that the business is in a position to do very well with fresh blood at the helm. Rob and I have grown the business dramatically and with the growth in area, I'm sure they will do very well.

I recently retook the real estate exam and have joined RE/MAX Properties East. My Mother has been an agent for almost 20 years and I'm looking forward to entering the industry I've been around my entire life. My Father has been a residential home builder my entire life, so I've been around the industry my entire life.

If you or anyone you know is getting ready to buy or sell, please keep me in mind. I can be reached via email at scott@sellinggreaterlouisville.com or on my cell at 502-376-4225.
Scott Hack
Finish Line Realty
502-376-4225
no avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

Re: Fast Break Pizza sold.

by Ed Vermillion » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:03 pm

Thanks for 5 years of very good pizza, Scott. Best of luck to you in real estate.
no avatar
User

MikeG

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:22 pm

Twin Cities, MN

by MikeG » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:37 pm

Man I never did make it out to try the pizza.
I am the original Mike G, never mind the impostor.

I am kind of a big deal.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:38 pm

Scott, best wishes in your new venture! Don't be shy about hanging around here and talking food with us. :)
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:27 pm

You do have some of the best Pizza around...then and now....I had a chance to meet you a few times...Best of luck... :D
no avatar
User

Scott Hack

{ RANK }

Foodie

Pewee Valley, Kentucky

by Scott Hack » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:57 am

Thank you gentleman. I'm very excited about starting my new career. When I realized that we would have the store sold by July first, the first thing I started thinking about was that I didn't have to decide to stay open or close for the 4th of July this year. The small things really do add up :)

MikeG, don't fret. From what I've been told they are not going to mess with the pizza recipe... just doing some upgrades to the dining room and adding some stuff to the menu. I live 2 miles from the store and will be keeping an eye on them and helping them out from time to time I'm sure.

-Scott Hack
scott@sellinggreaterlouisville.com
RE/MAX Properties East
no avatar
User

DeeDee D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:48 pm

Sellersburg, IN

by DeeDee D » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:01 am

Scott, welcome to real estate! I'm a Realtor for Tiger Real Estate in Southern Indiana. I'm always looking for Kentucky agents if I need to refer customers. I will keep you in mind for sure! Good Luck, it's not as bad as the news makes it out to be.
Realtor, Semonin Realtors
Selling homes in beautiful Indiana
no avatar
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:19 am

Scott I am so very sorry to see you go. I've been away for the last week or so, came back in town and scooted over to your place for a draft, pasta, and friendly conversation and alas, everyone was gone! I was crushed. I do wish you best of luck with whatever you take on. Will the new owners be retaining any of your staff? They were as much of the positive experience dining experience as was the food. I'll miss them if they go elsewhere.
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
no avatar
User

Scott Hack

{ RANK }

Foodie

Pewee Valley, Kentucky

by Scott Hack » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:12 pm

Carla,

The staff is split 50/50 -- some are going for other reasons and have actually stayed around longer then they would have because of the timeline of the sale. Two of my kitchen staff members who have been working for me for 2 years while in high school graduated and are now moving away for school. Devin is indeed staying. I believe Jeannie is going to continue working on Friday nights as well. Shannon is still trying to decide if she wants to juggle two jobs. Keith, who we hired one month after opening the place 5 years ago is going to stay on as well. The staff is indeed a huge asset to the business. We are like a family. We are all going canoing together on the 4th of July. I can't wait!

Once they get things reopened it should be back to almost business as usual, with some upgrades to the dining room.

I'll keep you updated!
Scott Hack
Finish Line Realty
502-376-4225
no avatar
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:00 pm

Thanks Scott and again, best of luck!
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
no avatar
User

John Greenup

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:03 pm

Oldham County

by John Greenup » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:47 pm

Fast Break (and Steve O's in Buckner) have consistently churned out the best pizza in Oldham County (the chains can't compete)....sorry to see you guys leave, but hope the new owners build on the tradition....
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:35 pm

I would also say that those two places can compete with any local or chain in Jefferson County also....
no avatar
User

Steve Cecil

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:26 pm

Oldham County

by Steve Cecil » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:37 pm

I've had many great meals at Fast Break. I hope the quality stays the same.

It's nice to have a pizza pub a couple of miles from my house - not to mention the superior food available.

Thanks for all your hard work!