Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Dinner at Mark's last evening

no avatar
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

Dinner at Mark's last evening

by Bill Veneman » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:38 am

What a delightful dinner I had last evening at Mark's in Middletown.

The ribs were PERFECT. Seasoned well, just enough sauce to be both good and messy (yes, I did wind up with some on my shirt), and cooked to fall off the bone perfections. Hadn't been in ages, and it was one of those "what the hell, we're here" moments while passing thru Middletown.

Service was friendly, prompt, and pretty much spot on. One side note: We got there right at 6, and the place was only half full......tells me that EVERYONE is having a tough time of it lately.
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
no avatar
User

Megan Watts

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:44 am

Louisville

Re: Dinner at Mark's last evening

by Megan Watts » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:35 am

My husband and I love that Mark's location. Actually, I've never had a bad Mark's experience. Fast, friendly and cheap eats when we're out with our son. My Dad requests we go there every time we visit.
no avatar
User

Adam C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:43 pm

Camp Taylor aka Louisville's food desert

by Adam C » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:25 pm

I love the honey wings at Mark's. And I shouldn't forget to mention my favorite restaurant pie in Louisville. YUM.
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:30 pm

Marks is OK but there are too many better places in town for real BBQ. The ribs at Marks do not seem to be truley smoked...They seem to be cooked and then Charbroiled...I do like there mustard base sauce....and the buttermilk pie...