Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Texas Roadhouse doing well

no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Texas Roadhouse doing well

by Robin Garr » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:53 pm

robert szappanos wrote:To a man whos only tool is a hammer....everthing looks like a nail..... :roll:

Robert. Drop it. Now.
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:57 pm

I did not start it...... :wink:
no avatar
User

Broc Smith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:56 pm

by Broc Smith » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:02 pm

Looks like it takes more than 1 to tango
no avatar
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:19 pm

Broc Smith wrote:Looks like it takes more than 1 to tango

Funny you should mention that. I'm announcing a new Argentine (well, kind of -- we'll use Spanish names for the fried chicken and all that) chain to be called Tango Rays, with inexpensive, dependable fare and nightly dancing with buff male and chesty female prompters ... we'll have one at every Interstate exit by the year 2009.

Er, I forgot ... what was the discussion about? I got the $$$ in my eyes at present. Maybe I need to go use the toilet.
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:21 pm

Roger, you're killin' me.
no avatar
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:24 pm

TP Lowe wrote:Roger, you're killin' me.

Thanks. I think. I'm definitely in one of those rare moods tonight.

You've been a great crowd ... goodbye Louisville ... see ya next year, 'cuz there WILL be a next year.

(stole that one from Def Leppard's Joe Elliott)
Roger A. Baylor
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:25 pm

See you at Tango Ray's after the gig for a bland domestic beer...
no avatar
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

A couch in Andy's house.

by David Clancy » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:28 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
robert szappanos wrote:To a man whos only tool is a hammer....everthing looks like a nail..... :roll:

Robert. Drop it. Now.
To Robert...Yes, YOU Started this!!. I can only sit back at this point and wonder what kind of ire you will take Robert. Example..."Texas Roadhouse Doing Well". Why.....Why......Why?????? With so many independents and CHAINS struggleing to make it happen in this dismall economy (yah, I'm quite sure you voted for him twice!!) and you have to chime in and make you're ignorance important?? For some trolling satisfaction??? Sleep well Robert and know that (WE ARE WATCHING YOU NOW.....!!) oohhh isn't that spookey!............(I thank God every day that I am not a mindless drone.........)
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
(Is this your homework Larry?)
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:38 pm

Hey david you might like this. It is one of many Pm,s from last April about you....

No need to add to the debate. I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate your principled stand not to dine at Mr. Clancy's restaurant. His comments about well done steaks and recent insults (that got removed) ensure I'll never dine at his restaurant.

If I were you, I wouldn't feel comfortable going there.

I don't always agree with your viewpoints, but I don't see why so many people can't even understand where you're coming from.
no avatar
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

by Mark Head » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:48 pm

You guys must have way too much time on your hands to get upset over the issue of a mediocre, but not terrible, chain. Wow....gas is $4 and the sky is falling? Frankly seems to me we have it pretty good around here in spite of $4 gas. Last night I ate, slept in an air conditioned house, and had in-door plumbing......take a gander at the rest of the world. There is considerable attitude on this board from various directions and it really takes away from any level of enjoyment.
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:49 pm

And Mark I thank the Lord every night for them too....... :D
no avatar
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:56 pm

robert szappanos wrote:And Mark I thank the Lord every night for them too....... :D

I visited the Lord of Trollism's grave once ... Cave Hill, and I took a bucket with me and left the bones on the ground afterward just like Jim Morrison's grave in Paris. Harland Sanders, my maannn ...

Wait ... I'm hearing voices from the ether: "THOU SHALT NOT EAT WELL DONE STEAK."

Sorry 'bout your luck, Robert. The deity's ruled against you in a court of guffaw.
Roger A. Baylor
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

by Mark Head » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:58 pm

Roger A. Baylor wrote:
robert szappanos wrote:And Mark I thank the Lord every night for them too....... :D

I visited the Lord of Trollism's grave once ... Cave Hill, and I took a bucket with me and left the bones on the ground afterward just like Jim Morrison's grave in Paris. Harland Sanders, my maannn ...

Wait ... I'm hearing voices from the ether: "THOU SHALT NOT EAT WELL DONE STEAK."

Sorry 'bout your luck, Robert. The deity's ruled against you in a court of guffaw.

wow....pathetic
no avatar
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:17 pm

Oops, sorry about that ... I didn't look at the avatar. My bad. Hey ... you win some, you lose some when you work without a net, but "pathetic" seems a bit harsh.

But when my Danish friend visited some years back, we really did take him to Cave Hill, and we really did take KFC with us and do the Pere Lachaise routine for the sake of the photo op. We packed the bones back out, though. The disappointing thing was that when we left, there weren't any couscous restaurants like in Paris. We went to O'Shea's instead, and had a grand old time.
Roger A. Baylor
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

A couch in Andy's house.

by David Clancy » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:32 pm

Roger A. Baylor wrote:Oops, sorry about that ... I didn't look at the avatar. My bad. Hey ... you win some, you lose some when you work without a net, but "pathetic" seems a bit harsh.

But when my Danish friend visited some years back, we really did take him to Cave Hill, and we really did take KFC with us and do the Pere Lachaise routine for the sake of the photo op. We packed the bones back out, though. The disappointing thing was that when we left, there weren't any couscous restaurants like in Paris. We went to O'Shea's instead, and had a grand old time.
Love ya Rog...take a chill pill Robert!
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
(Is this your homework Larry?)
PreviousNext