Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

PR: Buffalo Wings & Rings opens Wednesday

by Robin Garr » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:32 pm

LOUISVILLE, KY, June 17, 2008 — Buffalo Wings & Rings, the nation’s fastest growing privately held franchise offering the best Buffalo-style chicken wings and rings, will unveil its 35th U.S. location in Louisville next week. The new Buffalo Wings & Rings is located at 2610 Chamberlain Lane (across the street from the Kroger on LaGrange Road). To mark the restaurant’s grand opening, local owners Richard and Jennifer Schanen will host a private VIP event on Monday, June 23, 2008, followed by the eatery’s official grand opening on Wednesday, June 25, 2008.

“Opening a restaurant has been my husband’s dream for the longest time,” said Jennifer Schanen. “When we learned of the Buffalo Wings & Rings concept and its fun, family-friendly atmosphere, we knew it was time to make his dream a reality.”

The Buffalo Wings & Rings menu boasts a wide array of fare suited to please everyone – from Buffalo-style wings soaked in savory sauces, juicy new Boneless Wings, Hot Garlic Sloppy Fries, Saratoga Chips and Curly-Q French Fries to award-winning hamburgers, moist chicken sandwiches, tasty pulled pork sandwiches and an assortment of refreshing salads. Guests are encouraged to dunk their favorite wings in the Buffalo Wings & Rings homemade bleu cheese dressing, which is destined to become a local favorite.

The Buffalo Wings & Rings Louisville restaurant will employ between 40 and 50 people and has seating capacity for 174 guests, who can choose to dine in the dining room, the sports bar café or outside on the patio. Guests can play arcade games, as well as watch the latest news and sports on a huge 10-foot by 10-foot projection screen or any of the 15 flat-screen televisions strategically placed throughout the restaurant.

The Buffalo Wings & Rings Louisville location will be open from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Sunday through Thursday, and from 11 a.m. to 12 a.m. Friday and Saturday. Catered orders and special event requests are welcome. For more information, call 502-243-4464.

About Buffalo Wings & Rings

Buffalo Wings & Rings is the fastest-growing privately owned franchised chain of restaurants in the nation serving Buffalo-style chicken wings, onion rings, burgers, chicken and salads. Founded in 1988 in Cincinnati, OH, Buffalo Wings & Rings operates 35 franchised restaurants in the United States in the following locations: Arizona, California, Florida, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Dakota and Texas. For more information, call 513-831-WING or visit http://www.buffalowingsandrings.com.
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

Re: PR: Buffalo Wings & Rings opens Wednesday

by robert szappanos » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:51 pm

Thanks for the info...I just live down the road from this place and will give them a try....
no avatar
User

Doug W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

Tried it- pretty good

by Doug W » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:24 am

My family and I tried out Wings & Rings last night. We enjoyed it and we go back. My oldest son has a baseball game, so we did not get there unitl around 9pm - even at that time they were hopping. We were seated quickly in friendly fashion. Interior wise it is a lot like a newer BW3s. They menue looks very similar and has the same kinds of food. The beer selection is more limited and has the usual mass offerings. I settled on Sam Adams and my wife had the Sam's seaonal. I'd give them bonus points becasue they did have BBC Nut Brown on tap, I just wasn't feeling nutty last night.

I had to go with the wings and I'd give them two greasy thumbs up! There ordering system offers you 8 or ten flavors to choose from first, then it's "natural" or boneless, then the level of heat you want (I went with extra-hot instead of topping out at "Atomic") and lastly you choose regular sauce level or "extra wet". The extra wet also costs extra cash. Anyway, my 10 cajun, natural, extra hot wings came in a bowl with and extra bowl for the bone. They were well dusted with a cajun spices and were fresh from the fryer. They wings were good and meaty and just crispy enough for my tastes. This is a good alternative to B-dubs and their approach to wings kind of reminds me of Wings and Things which is now Turkey Joes (who also has good wings, but with a different style).

My oldest son with went a Cheese burger and curly fries which was pretty much the same one you can get anywhere, but he liked it.

Wings and Rings has a nice little twist - they have a real Gyros!! My 2nd son had a gyro sandwich and the house made potato chips. Prior to this he's only had gyros when we've been in Chicago. He reports that the Gyros from Wings and Rings are "pretty good- tastes real." They don't come with a ton of meat, but that's probably not too bad in that I think it comes with enough for one sandwich. My wife had a cup of chicken soup and a Gyro quesidilla, both of which were tasty.

We ate inside, but they also have a lot of patio seating which would be a nice place to down some wings and enjoy a drink. Service was quick and friendly, but also still exhibiting some of the just-opened jitters. No need to wait to try them out though - there was lots of staff helping each other and the kitchen seemed to be churning out orders quickly.

We'll be adding them to our wings and kid friendly rotation.

Cheers,

Doug W
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:55 pm

Drove by this evening around 8 PM....Looks like they had a good crowd...
no avatar
User

Scott Hack

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:09 pm

Pewee Valley, Kentucky

by Scott Hack » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:26 pm

I had lunch there today with my brothers. The build out of the place is nice. Big booths and several tables. A bar off to one side and they have lots of staff on hand that they are doing training with. The food didn't do much for me. We shared some wings, tenders, a burger and a nacho app. None of it was very good. Not that any of it was BAD... but if that is the quality of food they expect to serve, I don't see them lasting very long. Too much competition for forgettable food.
Scott Hack
Finish Line Realty
502-376-4225
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:32 pm

How do the wings compare with BW3?
no avatar
User

Doug W

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doug W » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:35 am

I'd say they compare favorably with BW3s. I have yet to try any flavors other than Cajun, but they were comparable. If had to choose right now, I'd go with Wings and Rings 'cause I'm a sucker for good cajun wings.

All in all, I'd put them in the same class as B-Dubs - pretty good for what they do. If you're feeling like grabbing some drinks and food, this would be a good place. If you want a really nice meal without sports on tvs, I'd go somewhere else.

Cheers,

Doug
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:49 am

If that is the case they should be good and they will do very well in there location...
no avatar
User

Scott Hack

{ RANK }

Foodie

Pewee Valley, Kentucky

by Scott Hack » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:58 am

The food served next store at New Directions is better in my opinion. We actually tried the cajun wings as well and they didn't really have a cajun flavor to them. It seemed like honey and cinnamon almost. Maybe someone didn't wash out the sauce bowl or something. I'll give them another try in a few weeks. It seems Doug's experiences have been a lot better then mine. That was the second trip for both of my brothers and they have both decided to stick with just beer next time if someone invites them there.
Scott Hack
Finish Line Realty
502-376-4225
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:16 pm

I go there every Sunday because they are a Cleveland Browns Backer and go to watch the games....I have not been impressed with the food they serve there. I think that Woodys on Westport Road has better Sports Bar food and there wings are not tooo bad either...IMO
no avatar
User

Scott Hack

{ RANK }

Foodie

Pewee Valley, Kentucky

by Scott Hack » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:38 pm

I agree Robert, I think the food at Woody's is better as well. I still prefer ND though. I'm still trying to get into the NFL. After a few years of playing fantasy football my interest is doing better. We'll have to meet up at ND for a game when the season starts back.
Scott Hack
Finish Line Realty
502-376-4225
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:44 pm

I dont know if I can talk you into becoming a Cleveland Browns Fan...But we do have a lot of fun there on Sunday...What I like it that the game that is on is the Cleveland game....i used to go to Woods and before when it was called Hoops...but all of the tvs are on to a different game...thats not bad but it is nice to have mostly Cleveland Fans watching the game together....by the way when it was Hoops they made a great Pizza...fresh dough and they would hand toss it....Not sure if Woodys is still doing it... :D
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:12 pm

Scott Hack wrote: ....I still prefer ND though....

Just when we were starting to think you're a good guy you come up and admit that you're a ND fan! :lol:
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Doug W

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doug W » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:05 pm

Hey Scott- I'm not saying they have the best wings in town, I'm just saying I like 'em. The cajun wings I had didn't have any cinnamon flavor that I can recall.

If I'm hot and thirsty and feel like wings, I'd hit them or B-Dubs or Turkey Joe's. They make my rotation, for whatever it's worth. Also, they have enough of the usual fare to keep my kids happy.

Cheers,

Doug
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:28 pm

Well I just had dinner at Buffalo Wings and Rings. It was very good....although it really is hard to mess up chicken wings...I had the 15 peice with the original mild sauce...No breading and the skin was nice and crispy...A good low carb dinner. For that and a diet Coke the bill came to $13.44.......Not bad they also give you a small bowl of..in my case Blue Cheese Dressing and some celery sticks. The wings compare to BW3,s and a few others I have been to. They had a good crowd concidering it was 3 PM. I will go back because they have good wings and it is close to where I live....
Next