Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Big expansion at Highland Fish Market in Middletown

by Robin Garr » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:44 pm

I missed this announcement as I was traveling home from Italy when Gary sent it around. Better late than never: It sounds like they're building the world's capital of fish out there!

<b>HIGHLAND FISH MARKET EXPANDS TO BECOME THE LARGEST LOCALLY OWNED AND OPERATED FRESH FISH AND SEAFOOD MARKET IN THE TRI-STATE AREA.

OPENING THURSDAY APRIL 5TH, 2007</b>

Company Will Provide The Largest Selection Of Fresh Fish And Seafood Incorporating Many Locally Made And Distributed Cheeses, Sauces and Desserts.

LOUISVILLE, KY.; April 1, 2007 – After 11 years in business Gary Hirsch, Owner of Highland Fish Market has announced the exciting new expansion of his current location at 12121 Shelbyville Road in Middletown. This expansion will increase the size of the store from 1700 sq. feet to well over 3500 sq. feet. This makes Highland Fish Market the largest fresh fish and seafood retailer in the tri-state area. No other locally owned Fish Market has made this kind of commitment to offer the largest selection and full customer service for the gourmet chef as well as the novice.

Some of the new features include an indoor smoking room for their almost famous Smoked Salmon, and a section for Kentucky made products, including Kenny’s Farmhouse Cheeses, Lotsa Pasta and Luna Mercato, among others. They will also now carry a wider selection of gourmet products, appetizers, desserts, cheeses, live lobsters and seafood tools such as oyster and clam knives, shrimp deveiners and crab picks. Highland Fish will also carry the full line of the famous Traeger Smokers plus a source for hard to find Traeger wood pellets.

As always Highland Fish Market will continue to have the best selection of fresh seafood in Louisville.

Gary Hirsch along with manager Michele Brinke as always can be counted on to give cooking advice, recipes and great customer service.
no avatar
User

Sonja W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:00 pm

Highland Fish Market hours

by Sonja W » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:32 pm

I love the Highland Fish Market and congratulate them on their expansion.

I hope they also expand their hours. M-F 10-6 doesn't allow me to shop there during the work week. I like to eat my fish the same day or day after I buy it, which means that most of my 1-2x per week fish purchases are made at Whole Foods. I would love to take advantage of their online discounts, call in an order and pick it up on the way home. There must be more potential customers in the same situation.
User

BrianW

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:30 pm

Behind Enemy Lines in the 9th District

Re: Highland Fish Market hours

by BrianW » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:11 pm

[quote="Sonja W"]There must be more potential customers in the same situation.[/quote]

Yep, me and my wife would greatly appreciate at least one night open late(r), even seven PM would help.

Brian
Liberalism is a 'no brainer'.