Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Springhurst Graeters adds Desserts by Helen

by Robin Garr » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:48 pm

I think that's what this news release says ... maybe it's just me, but it's not real clear ...

Louisville, KY (June, 2008) - Desserts By Helen has teamed up with Graeter's Ice Cream at the Springhurst location for a grand opening from 11:30 a.m. to 11 p.m., Saturday, June 28 2008. The grand opening will be held at 9430 Brownsboro Road. Desserts By Helen has set up a permanent retail outlet with Graeter's Ice Cream and will be selling their pies, cakes, tortes, cookies and individual desserts.

Customers are invited to welcome the new addition of Desserts by Helen and try samples of their delicious desserts all day. Children can enjoy decorating their own cookies under the direction of Desserts by Helen's very own Helen Friedman from 12 to 3 p.m. Stop in and have slice of pie with ice cream as Graeter's and Desserts By Helen celebrate the partnership of the two companies.

Formerly the manufacturing plant and retail store of Graeter's ice cream in Louisville, the Springhurst location has been renovated to allow Desserts By Helen retail along with Graeter's irresistible ice cream. “We had the bricks, we had the mortar, we are already paying rent on the space, why not try something new” said Jim Tedesco owner of the Graeter's franchise in Louisville. The ice cream company needed to expand into a larger facility for manufacturing, but wanted continue to use the space at the store for new opportunities.
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

Re: Springhurst Graeters adds Desserts by Helen

by Mark Head » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:40 pm

I swear I thought I saw a sign a week or so ago across from Dick's that said Desserts by Helen. Is that the place they are talking about...otherwise Graeter's is technically in Avish Gardens across from The Summit. There is an Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen in that vacinity already.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:52 pm

Mark Head wrote:I swear I thought I saw a sign a week or so ago across from Dick's that said Desserts by Helen. Is that the place they are talking about...otherwise Graeter's is technically in Avish Gardens across from The Summit. There is an Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen in that vacinity already.

Avish Gardens is a nuance I didn't know of, Mark, but I'm pretty sure this is that place in the neighborhood of The Summit ... 9430 Brownsboro Road. is definitely not across from Oxmoor.
no avatar
User

kati.b

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:49 pm

Prospect, KY

by kati.b » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:54 pm

I can confirm that it is in the Graeter's that is in the mini-strip mall next to the big strip mall that Kroger is in (across from the Summit). It's actually been there for several weeks already. I'm pregnant so Graeters is a daily stop for me. I'm not sure the name of the road...Springhurst Blvd maybe. It's the road that goes from Hurstbourne back to Tinseltown, Kohls, etc.
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

by Mark Head » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:21 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Mark Head wrote:I swear I thought I saw a sign a week or so ago across from Dick's that said Desserts by Helen. Is that the place they are talking about...otherwise Graeter's is technically in Avish Gardens across from The Summit. There is an Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen in that vacinity already.

Avish Gardens is a nuance I didn't know of, Mark, but I'm pretty sure this is that place in the neighborhood of The Summit ... 9430 Brownsboro Road. is definitely not across from Oxmoor.

The Dick's I was referring to is in Springhurst....not the Oxmoor location. Kati thanks for clearing it is in the Graeters right there to the side of Kroger on Hurstborne Parkway.

Is there a retail Deserts by Helen in St. Matthews somewhere....I have seen a sign somewhere. It may have been at Graeters in question as I live off Brownsboro.
User

Matthew Landan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:17 pm

331 East Market Street

by Matthew Landan » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:35 pm

Helen makes the best brownies in town and cookies for the Queen of England.
Owner
Haymarket
331 E. Market St.

Since I came down from Oregon, there's a lesson or two I've learned
Oh, oh the Pride of Cucamonga, of, of silver apples in the sun,
Yes, it's me, I'm the Pride of Cucamonga, I can see golden forests in the sun.