Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Fine Dining Club

User

Tom Holstein

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:55 am

Derby City :)

Fine Dining Club

by Tom Holstein » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:56 am

I believe I've seen a website, forum post or member profile regarding a fine dining club operating in Louisville.

Can anyone help me find info?
User

Scott Robinson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:36 am

Floyds Knobs, IN

Re: Fine Dining Club

by Scott Robinson » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:29 am

Hey Tom!

Long time! I still talk to Chef Tony and get on him for the both of us :wink:

Anyways, I did a quick search and could only come up with this: http://louisville.edu/org/uclub/

Might not be what you were looking for but might be a good reference point to find out!

-Scott
-Always looking for the perfect spot for Football, Cold Beer and Great Food!
no avatar
User

Hank Sutton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:44 pm

Downtown Louisville

by Hank Sutton » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:38 am

Could it be Bon Vivant Savant?
http://www.bvsevents.com/about.html#de
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:12 pm

I believe you are talking about Confrerie de la Chaine des Rotisseurs (http://www.chaineus.org/).

Their web location is at http://bailliages2.chaineus.org/louisville/, but as you can see it hasn't been updated in around 8 months! I talked to the then-president about a year ago, and there were regular dinners, but as they (then) didn't have a schedule for the year - and I travel a lot - I couldn't committ to joining.
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

Broc Smith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:56 pm

by Broc Smith » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:33 pm

There's a Chef's dinner at Primo tonight. I heard the have about 20 spots left if you'd like to enjoy a fine meal with many other like people. There's a cocktail reception at 6 pm with Primo's fantastic woodfire grilled pizzas, followed by a 3 course dinner at 7 pm.

Should be fun.

I'll post the entire menu on the appropriate thread...
User

Tom Holstein

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:55 am

Derby City :)

by Tom Holstein » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:36 pm

Hank Sutton wrote:Could it be Bon Vivant Savant?
http://www.bvsevents.com/about.html#de

That's the one! :D

Thanks much Hank.

Thanks to all who responded...... :)

A beautiful friend wants a way to meet new friends outside the usual "bar scene".
User

Jo Self

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:54 pm

St. Matthews

by Jo Self » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:50 pm

I just wanted to offer a blushing 'thanks' to Hank and Tom. Nice to know the word is getting around. I actually have a monthly newsletter that gives not only listings of what events I have going on, but also other opportunities around the 'ville that might be flying under the radar. Just a taste (if I may) of some offerings:

Wine and Wisdom Dinners: Taking it to a whole new level where food and beverage are more a complement to a philosophical, cultural or educational topic. Designed for conversation and opening minds to new ideas and interests.
Nibble & Sip Happy Hours: I'm working with KY Proud and IN agriculture to promote the best of our region, especially local farmers, products, venues and artists.
Picnics 'n' Flicks: Showing great 80s movies at EP Tom Sawyer State Park. Always live music beforehand and free popcorn and lemonade, plus games to entertain the kids. This Saturday is Back to the Future - on a big screen as well. Pack your picnic, family and friends and come out to enjoy!
Theatre Hop: I just did the first one and will be doing these semi-annually. Next one should be in November.

And coming soon, Supper Speakeasys. Great dinners, by great chefs in secret, unexpected places!

Robin, I hope you don't mind the general information being shared. I appreciate the support and am ecstatic to see the word spreading. I'm am so exited to showcase what is so wonderful about our town and region, no matter whether it's a known player or a hidden gem.
Food is our common ground, a universal experience. - James Beard
Event Savant
Bon Vivant Savant Dining & Events Club
http://bonvivantsavant.com
http://www.bvsevents.com
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:30 pm

Jo Self wrote:Robin, I hope you don't mind the general information being shared. I appreciate the support and am ecstatic to see the word spreading. I'm am so exited to showcase what is so wonderful about our town and region, no matter whether it's a known player or a hidden gem.

I don't mind, Jo, as long as you're a regular participant and keep your announcements non-advertising in nature.

One curious question, if I may: Is this a profit-making venture for you? That's perfectly all right, but it should be made clear if your operation is a business venture as opposed to a friendly social organization without expectation of income.
no avatar
User

Erica S

{ RANK }

Just got here

Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:24 am

St. Matthews

by Erica S » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:13 pm

Jo Self wrote:I just wanted to offer a blushing 'thanks' to Hank and Tom. Nice to know the word is getting around. I actually have a monthly newsletter that gives not only listings of what events I have going on, but also other opportunities around the 'ville that might be flying under the radar. Just a taste (if I may) of some offerings:

Wine and Wisdom Dinners: Taking it to a whole new level where food and beverage are more a complement to a philosophical, cultural or educational topic. Designed for conversation and opening minds to new ideas and interests.
Nibble & Sip Happy Hours: I'm working with KY Proud and IN agriculture to promote the best of our region, especially local farmers, products, venues and artists.
Picnics 'n' Flicks: Showing great 80s movies at EP Tom Sawyer State Park. Always live music beforehand and free popcorn and lemonade, plus games to entertain the kids. This Saturday is Back to the Future - on a big screen as well. Pack your picnic, family and friends and come out to enjoy!
Theatre Hop: I just did the first one and will be doing these semi-annually. Next one should be in November.

And coming soon, Supper Speakeasys. Great dinners, by great chefs in secret, unexpected places!

Robin, I hope you don't mind the general information being shared. I appreciate the support and am ecstatic to see the word spreading. I'm am so exited to showcase what is so wonderful about our town and region, no matter whether it's a known player or a hidden gem.

Is it a Dinner Club for singles only or can couples attend these events? I saw that it is a chapter of Single Gourmet. I am sorry if it is posted in your website because I just surfed through it pretty quickly, I will get back to it and look a little more in-depth. What do you do with your partners? My husband and I love Primo and Jennica's.
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:16 pm

Jo Self wrote:

FINALLY! someone is doing this.

I was looking into trying to organize something like this, but really didn't have the time to figure out all the logistics of planning it (mainly in regards to finding locations to host it)

Take a look at Guerilla Cuisine, it's what sparked my interest in the idea.

and please, keep me (and everyone else) posted on when these events start rolling out.
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
User

Jo Self

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:54 pm

St. Matthews

by Jo Self » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:00 am

Robin: It is a profit making adventure for me (hopefully anyway) :) My apologies if I stepped on any toes or over boundries. I was a new participant around the holiday season and trying to participate regularly, but alas, I've been busy getting the new venture off the ground, most of which the events for the first two months were 100% non-profit, raising money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society here in Louisville. I'll send you a private message to see how I might be able to participate more actively with you and your forum. Thank you for allowing me to post in response this time.

Erica: I do hold the license for Single Gourmet for Louisville, Cinci, N. KY and Lexington, but I have so many couples as friends, that I decided to branch out and create my own format. As a Single, this gives you the benefit of the other happenings at SGs around the country as you travel, but as a couple, there is another outlet for socializing here. In fact, I have a few members, who are half of a couple, but don't know how to go out and socialize without their SO who is often out of town or not interested in the same social opportunities. As I develop, I will be creating members only events for both Singles and Couples. Win classes, cooking classes, more intimate dinners and travel are all part of the growing umbrella.

Ethan: Thanks. I'm really excited about pulling these off. I'm hoping to do the first one in September. I saw an article awhile back in a travel mag about Underground Dining and I just knew I had to try something like that here. Thanks for sharing your link, I'll definitely take a look.
Food is our common ground, a universal experience. - James Beard
Event Savant
Bon Vivant Savant Dining & Events Club
http://bonvivantsavant.com
http://www.bvsevents.com