Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Charles W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:53 pm

Schnitzelburg

New Restaurant Zeppelin Cafe

by Charles W. » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:39 pm

Rode by Burnett and Hickory (diagonal from Check's--where Heitzman's used to be) and saw a sign for a restaurant opening. It looks like there's still a bit of work to do before opening, but the sign said:

Zeppelin Cafe
Seafood, Steaks, Suds, and more
no avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

Re: New Restaurant Zeppelin Cafe

by Ed Vermillion » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:51 pm

Don't know how long it will be but they already have an "A" in the window from the Health Department. Wonder if that is left over from the previous place? Are places inspected during construction?
no avatar
User

Stephen D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:41 am

Lyndon, Ky

by Stephen D » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:52 am

Nope.
no avatar
User

Erin Riedel

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:14 pm

Germantown

by Erin Riedel » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:45 pm

Hey, look, a quasi review of Zeppelin Cafe! This is super close to my house and I will definitely try it soon and report back!
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:48 pm

Erin Riedel wrote:Hey, look, a quasi review of Zeppelin Cafe! This is super close to my house and I will definitely try it soon and report back!

Erin, fill us in ... but is that a link to Gannett's latest move on local media with yet another faux community publication? Eeeuuuwwwww ...
no avatar
User

Mari G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:57 am

by Mari G » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:03 pm

The more reviews the better, I say...and this one sure makes ya want to check it out...beer and a buffalo burger, ah yes!

Mari
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:44 pm

Mari G wrote:The more reviews the better, I say...and this one sure makes ya want to check it out...beer and a buffalo burger, ah yes!

Beer and a buffalo burger, yes! Reviews, yes!

But supporting Gannett in its effort to take out local publications? Isn't that sort of like saying, "Forget the Louisville Originals, let's all go to Bennigan's"? Oops, bad choice ... :oops:
no avatar
User

Erin Riedel

{ RANK }

Foodie

Germantown

by Erin Riedel » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:56 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Erin, fill us in ... but is that a link to Gannett's latest move on local media with yet another faux community publication? Eeeuuuwwwww ...

Yes, yes, I know. I was just excited to see something about the place with a little bit of information about what they have. Besides, I hardly think linking to this article constitutes "supporting Gannett in its effort to take out local publications." I happened to go to the CJ's website to check the local news (yes, I know, a crime against humanity) and this popped up on their annoying flashing headline thingy. I remembered this thread and thought Forumites might be interested.

Anyway, I will try to get over there soon, but I'm leaving town in a few days so it might be a week or two before I get to it. If someone beats me to it I hope they'll share their findings!
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:02 pm

Erin Riedel wrote:Yes, yes, I know. I was just excited to see something about the place with a little bit of information about what they have.

Oh, Erin, I'm sorry ... I was really just teasing with my usual anti-Gannett rant. I really mean the rant, but didn't mean to aim it at you specifically. :)
no avatar
User

Erin Riedel

{ RANK }

Foodie

Germantown

by Erin Riedel » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:08 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Oh, Erin, I'm sorry ... I was really just teasing with my usual anti-Gannett rant. I really mean the rant, but didn't mean to aim it at you specifically. :)

Don't worry, I didn't take it personally. I know how crotchety you are about this issue. :) And frankly, I'm right there with you. But sometimes the Gannett-spawn are vaguely informative in spite of themselves!
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:36 am

Robin Garr wrote:
Erin Riedel wrote:Hey, look, a quasi review of Zeppelin Cafe! This is super close to my house and I will definitely try it soon and report back!

Erin, fill us in ... but is that a link to Gannett's latest move on local media with yet another faux community publication? Eeeuuuwwwww ...

Metromix is a product of the Chicago Tribune Company (along with Cars.com, careerbuilders.com, apartments.com, etc.). I'm still surprised that Gannett is paying the Tribune to use the format in Louisville!
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:17 am

andrew mellman wrote:Metromix is a product of the Chicago Tribune Company (along with Cars.com, careerbuilders.com, apartments.com, etc.). I'm still surprised that Gannett is paying the Tribune to use the format in Louisville!

It's almost certainly an ad deal, Andrew. Percentage of the take or whatnot. Bottom line, the less locals use it, the less likely it is to thrive. (ahem)
no avatar
User

Mari G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:57 am

by Mari G » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:25 am

I have to believe that there's room for all reviewers, local or otherwise...information services...a lot of people know Metromix and will look for a city's Metromix site when traveling or new to that city..later, they might also gravitate to the more local and 'in the know' sites...it's all good...

Mari G
no avatar
User

Jesse Hendrix-Inman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 16, 2008 11:22 am

Schnitzelburg

by Jesse Hendrix-Inman » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:05 pm

I had lunch at the Zeppelin Cafe today. They have a really nice atmosphere and friendly staff.

My fried chicken sandwich was nice and crispy, no grease at all. I really liked the warm, house-made chips that came with it. There are several nice-sounding bison dishes on the menu. I'll try the bison brat next time I am there.

I'm making an effort lately to get out there and support my neighborhood restaurants. I'll look forward to visiting this one again.
no avatar
User

Joel H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:33 am

by Joel H » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:02 pm

I went there last night and had the cheesesteak, onion rings, and two pints of Brownings' She-Devil IPA. Second time eating at Zeppelin, I really like it and it's two blocks from my house. I should probably try something besides the cheesesteak though (which is just okay).
Next