Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Matthew Landan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:17 pm

331 East Market Street

Re: New Restaurant Zeppelin Cafe

by Matthew Landan » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:13 pm

hearing lots of great things about this place...
on the short list to try it.
Owner
Haymarket
331 E. Market St.

Since I came down from Oregon, there's a lesson or two I've learned
Oh, oh the Pride of Cucamonga, of, of silver apples in the sun,
Yes, it's me, I'm the Pride of Cucamonga, I can see golden forests in the sun.
User

Jesse Hendrix-Inman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 16, 2008 11:22 am

Schnitzelburg

by Jesse Hendrix-Inman » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:37 am

I saw a sign in the window of the restaurant saying that they are now doing Sunday brunch. What a great addition to the neighborhood!
no avatar
User

Caroline K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:45 am

by Caroline K » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:54 am

We really enjoy the Zeppelin and love their soups!!! :D
User

Laura T

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:19 pm

Louisville, KY

by Laura T » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:38 am

Hey, everyone. New person here. :) I just wanted to weigh in on the Zeppelin Cafe. I've been to the Zeppelin about four or five times now. In general, I like it and I think it's a wonderful addition to Germantown. I haven't always been *thrilled* with the food, but I like it enough to stick it out and keep going back as they work out the kinks. I love their loaded potato soup. I love the idea that they make a lot of their own breads, but I don't always love the way it turns out. When I had a fried fish sandwich this fall, the hoagie-style bun it came on was very dense and thick and in my opinion overpowering of the fish. I had a fried chicken sandwich this weekend, and it came on an obviously not homemade kaiser roll, which was fine. The chicken was almost like a big crispy chicken tender, but it was tasty if a little skimpy. They seem to have finalized their menu, because it is no longer plain paper and is now in a (faux) leather-trimmed booklet style. They seem to have done away with the homemade chips idea, because all of their sandwiches are served with fries. I think people feel they are getting more for their money when they get fries. I have to say that I do, and really, who doesn't like fries? I don't know if they had a hard time keeping fresh homemade chips on hand or what, but on one visit, I was served chips that were obviously not homemade. Not a complaint, just an observation. My dad loves the buffalo burger and my New England transplant friend is crazy over their cheesesteak. I've never tried their hot brown, but a friend of mine tried it and she didn't like that it was heavy on the dark meat (without indicating such on the menu). Their buffalo wings have a great flavor if not a great crunch. I've always liked the servers and I like the beer selection. Pretty good onion rings too! I'm pulling for this place.
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

by Bill Veneman » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:20 am

Welcome, Laura.....and thanks for the input!
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:10 pm

850 main street, charlestown, indiana

by Shawn Vest » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:27 pm

was in there last week for a beer, nice inside, but i didn't eat
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. D Barry
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699
Previous