Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Madison, Indiana, Part Two

User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

Madison, Indiana, Part Two

by Gayle DeM » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:25 pm

A while back there were posts about dining possibilities in Madison, Indiana. On that very weekend I went on a retreat in Milton, Kentucky. For dinner on Saturday evening my group went to Bistro One across the river in Madison. Bistro One is a Mediterranean style restaurant with a Greek Cypriot owner. He is most cordial and talented. I ordered the special of the evening: halibut with Puttanesca sauce. Now pasta Puttanesca is one of my favorites, but I had never thought of serving the sauce with halibut, or any other fish for that matter. Heavens, what an omission! I have made it twice for myself since that evening.

I have so missed Greek food here in Louisville, ever since Nik's closed. So Bistro One is a big draw for me. Another big plus is that they serve Saganaki, the Greek flaming cheese. Man how I love that!

If I remember correctly of of the forum contributors stated that “their hours are pretty random,” However, their business card stated that hours are begin at 5:30 six nights a week. Of course, since I have dilly-dallied and not written this up promptly, I can’t find the business or the menus that the hostess so graciously gave me to take home. Never fear, I will be going back on the 26th and I promise to give a more detailed report. But,to be on the safe side, I will make a reservation.
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

Re: Madison, Indiana, Part Two

by Andrew Mellman » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:32 pm

Gayle DeM wrote:I have so missed Greek food here in Louisville, ever since Nik's closed.

While I could be mistaken, I believe Nik is the owner of Bistro One!
Andrew Mellman