Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

Juanita's Burger Boy is for sale

by Leah S » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:50 am

A listing from the Louisville CraigsList:

Hello to Everyone! For Sale in the Old Louisville area is what's known as Juanita's Burger Boy, located at 1450 S. Brook Str. (corner of Brook and Burnett). This Restaurant has been in business for over 45 years and at this location for more than 30 years. Well established business open 24 hours. The owner is retiring. Juanita has had a long enjoyable journey in the Restaurant world. She is now ready to pass along her business to the next entrepreneur at a very reasonable price of 130,000. This is a hand over the keys deal; you get the restaurant building with an attached rental space, all equipment included. You can contact Juanita at 502-969-2441
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: according to CraigsList

by Robin Garr » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:32 pm

Leah, thanks for the post. I also copied it into the restaurant business section.

Would you mind editing (or permitting me to edit) the title to read something like "Juanita's Burger Boy for Sale"? I think that might get a little more attention.
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:02 pm

Oh of course, Robin. Edit away. You don't even have to ask if it's my post. Yes, yes, edit.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:23 pm

Leah s wrote:You don't even have to ask if it's my post.

It's the right thing to do, though. :)
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

Re: Juanita's Burger Boy is for sale

by RonnieD » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:34 pm

I remember wandering in to Jaunita's during my first year in Louisville. I was poor (what has changed?) and hungry and living in that area. I recall the burger being standard and the fries ok, but the coleslaw was a winner. I found it odd that I meant to pay with a twenty dollar bill, but the lady at the counter said they wouldn't make change for anything that big. I had to get another patron to break my $20 so that I could pay!

It will be interesting to see if that spot can stay alive under new ownership. Great location close to UL.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

by Jackie R. » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:20 pm

Hmmm... Juanita's Burger Boy. I've been there - once. It was WEIRD, but that could be attributable to the company I was with. I won't compromise my reputation by detailing the events, and it was late in the evening/early in the morning. The reason for my post: I'm not trying to coax anyone into slamming the place, but I'm sure there are some of you that know what I'm saying. I really don't mean to slander, but I recall oddities with administration. And a freakish restroom that was not intended for customers and led me through a tour of the kitchen. (I felt like we were paying our way into a carnival act). I hope this post doesn't seem too hurtful, because I haven't thought much about the place since. Any thoughts?
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:46 pm

I've never been in JBB, but my curiosity has been piqued.
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:46 pm

Over the past several years there have been some fairly violent crimes committed either inside JBB or next door in (and around) Woodys Bar. Last week an employee was badly injured in a robbery attempt at JBB. I have no idea if it was Juanita or an employee but I guess that you get tired of rolling the dice every night going to work. The burgers have been good and Juanita has been very nice to all of us but I don't blame her for wanting to retire. I wish her peace and luck in the future.
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:50 am

That area just keeps getting worse. When I was an undergrad it was rough, but we could all go to Woody's without much hassle and Jaunita's was always a pretty calm setting. But in the past several years all I hear from that area is trouble. :(
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY