Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Great night & Special Wine Dinner at Seviche

by Deb Hall » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:58 pm

My computer has ben fritzy, so I've been unable to post about the wonderful night we had a Seviche last week.

We went with our kids for a celebratory dinner (Brian has a new job). Gary F.and Chef Anthony pulled out all stops to make it truly memorable: they started us off with a wnnderful shrimp seviche (the plating was beatuiful). We passed on the Skirt Steak with Chimicurri, only because we'd had it at home the night before, but several patrons ordered it while we were there and it looked incredible. I had the butternut squash quesidilla which had wonderful sauces; our 14 year old loved the Black beans and snarfed down every bite. We greatly enjoyed the patio (nicest set-up on the East End), and were blown away by how family-friend everyone was for our 4 year old. I was a little skeptical of taking kids to Seviche, but the staff really made us feel truly welcome and the atmosphere was comfortable for kids. Thanks Gary and Anthony, for a really special evening- we will be back!

Speaking of special evenings: while we were there we received info about a special wine dinner Chef Anthony is hosting this week. I don't know if there is still availability, but It sounds great: Highlighting the culinary traditions and wines of Brazil. It's a 4 course dinner ( each course paired with a different wine) plus a reception with another wine for only $55 per person. It's this Wednesday, the 11th starting at 7:00. I assume you call Seviche for reservations.

Deb
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

Re: Great night & Special Wine Dinner at Seviche

by GaryF » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:52 pm

It was a real treat to finally meet you and the family, Deb. I'm so glad you enjoyed everything.
Thanks for mentioning the wine dinner this Wed.There is availability. Just give us a buzz at 425-1000.
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:16 pm

Gary,

Thanks again for helping make it such a great evening! Brian and I already have plans to come back (sans kids) to hang out at the great outside bar and eat seviches. (actually he tried stopping by for lunch today, but unfortunately you were closed....)

Hope to see you again soon,
Deb
User

Anthony Lamas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:41 pm

by Anthony Lamas » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:07 pm

Hey Deb! It was a pleasure meeting you and your family. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. Being a father of two boys and another coming this October ( Ian Cruz Lamas ) it is important that familys feel comfortable in my restaurant. I have noticed that in the East End, there are more familys that dine at Seviche, so my staff and I try to make them feel comfortable. I have been trying to let the people know, that we are family friendly. I'm going to have something printed on the menu, stating that we have children menu options. Also, thank you for mentioning the dinner. We have had several calls since you posted.

As always, muchas gracias y buen provecho!

Anthony