Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Meridian Cafe's Hummus

User

Jennie Mulhall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:22 am

Meridian Cafe's Hummus

by Jennie Mulhall » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:25 pm

I had a delicious lunch at Meridian Cafe with my book club on Saturday. Tomato soup & the Jennie! The hummus, while still very good, seemed different to me.

This is the first time I've been there since the new owners took over.
Does anyone know if they've changed the recipe?

Also, I have to say that the whole place looked brighter, cleaner & less cluttered than before, while still maintaining the homey feel. And despite being very busy, we had great service.

I will be back soon & often!
User

RebeccaWebb

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:54 am

Lexington, KY

Speaking of Meridian ...

by RebeccaWebb » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:13 pm

This is a long overdue review ...

I had a chance to try an avacodo and basil pie. At first, it sounded like it was something along the line of a luncheon quiche but Mike (chef/owner) said it was a dessert.

I took the piece with me and while on deliveries, my mom, my son, and I all shared this wonderful creation.

It was totally vegetarian, made with soy milk, avacodos, and basil and was topped with candied walnuts (or pecans).

All of us (my son especially) truly enjoyed this unique and tasty dessert. I hope to see it again ... I think it would be lovely for the spring time.

And adding to the comment in the above post, the owners have been working hard to improve the place. It seems that each week I go there, I notice something new. The tables out front are ready to go once the weather warms up again!
Rebecca Phillips Webb
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Prospect

Meridian

by Heather Y » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:56 pm

Hi Jennie, and Rebecca

Thanks for your kind words! We have been working hard to make Meridian what it needs to be.

We are glad that you enjoyed the Jennie! The recipe has been "tweaked" a little ( chef Mike's special touch) but not necessarily changed!

Rebecca, also glad you enjoyed the pie! It was a creative and tasty addition to our "dessert special" du jour, and folks enjoyed it!
Your mushrooms are a big hit at Meridian, keep 'em comin'!

We now have five (total) huge picnic tables and umbrellas for folks to come and enjoy eating outdoors, (if the weather will cooperate).

Hope to see you both there!