Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Aaron M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:52 am

Louisville

Lambert and Lindsey Dining Tour stops at Primo

by Aaron M » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:13 am

Special thanks to Robin for allowing me to post this plug for our next event. If you ever listen to 102.3 The Max, you might be familiar with the Lambert and Lindsey morning show, and you might have heard the promos for the Dining Tour - possibly you even heard Bim Dietrich on our show this morning talking about our upcoming event.

If you haven't heard of our Dining Tour, we started this a few months ago as a way to create events that will introduce our listeners to local restaurants that they may have not tried yet - and get a chance to meet the chefs and hang out with the morning show personalities. Our last event was in May at Seviche on Goose Creek, and it was a big hit. We had a great turnout, the food was great (as always), and everyone had a lot of fun. (Special thanks to Anthony Lamas for hosting the last event!) I swear the Churascos de Chimichurri is my favorite entree in the city. I could put his chimicurri sauce on everything. Maybe even ice cream.

The next event is June 17th (it's a Tuesday) at Primo, and Bim Dietrich has put together a great menu for the event - he'll host an italian wine tasting with wood-fired pizzas from 6-7, then at 7 they'll serve three courses including dessert. The cost for the event is $50 per person. You can see the menu at the Max's website (http://www.themaxfm.com keyword: dining) if you want to see what's going to be served.

If you're a fan of the morning show, we'd love to have you join us! Heck if you have no idea who we are but you want to have a tasty meal at Primos, we'd love to have you too! Just call Primo for reservations. 583-1808.

Thanks everyone!
no avatar
User

Broc Smith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:56 pm

Re: Lambert and Lindsey Dining Tour stops at Primo

by Broc Smith » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:17 pm

Looking forward to it!
no avatar
User

Broc Smith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:56 pm

by Broc Smith » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:36 pm

There are still about 20 spots left. See the post above for all the information you need. All are welcome.
no avatar
User

Aaron M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:52 am

Louisville

by Aaron M » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:58 am

Can I just say what a great place Primo is? Not only was the food great, but Bim Dietrich is a wonderful host and our event last night was a blast! Big thanks to everyone who came out.

I had never eaten at Primos, but I can say I'll definitely be back. We sampled some of the wood fired pizzas with the wine before dinner, and we all decided we needed to go back for lunch just to eat pizzas. One of the ladies in our group said that it was closest thing she's had to the pizzas she ate in Italy (I'm not sure which specific pizza she ate because there were several).

My entree was veal meatballs and wild mushrooms over pasta and it was great. The tiramasu was the best I'd ever had - it looked heavy but was so much lighter than I was expecting and was delicious. I would have licked the bowl if that was appropriate.

Anyway - I just wanted to follow up and let everyone know what a great time we had at the Lambert and Lindsey event (yes, i'm one of the DJs). If anyone else from the group is in here, please post your review! We're going to continue doing these dining events at local restaurants, so I'll let everyone know about the next one (thanks again to Robin for letting me plug the events).