Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

BBC Easter Sunday Brunch

User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

BBC Easter Sunday Brunch

by Bill Veneman » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:40 am

Went with my Mother, Aunt, Sister and her family. We had made 12:30 reservations. Didn't get seated until almost 1:00. Was told that the system they used was that every reservation was assisgned a table, and the group in front of us at "our table" had not left. However, there were several large parties that were booked after us that were seated ahead of us -- To which I call FOUL. It also seemed to me that everyone arrived at the 12:30 hour......have you not ever heard of staggering? Also, the help looked like they had just fallen out of bed. Most of the front staff was rather wrinkled looking, and not dressed for the type of event it was (I know that's picky as hell, but when your customer's are in their Easter finest, they you should be too).

Once we were seated, the food was, in my opinion, rather good. The Bison was VERY good, and I very much enjoyed the selection off the hot bar. The pastries were passable. And the bagles were hard as rock. The service was a bit off.....they kept running out of plates and silverware set ups.

I must say, I doubt we'll be back. I was not impressed with the Quality to Dollar.....7 of us (two children included) ate for $130 including tip.
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
User

Becca MacGilvray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:11 pm

St. Matthews

Sunday Brunch at BBC

by Becca MacGilvray » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:29 pm

Hi Bill,
Sorry to hear that you were not 100% pleased with your recent experience at St. Matthews BBC. Easter Brunch is a very busy time for us and while we try to time and stagger our reservations, it is ,at times, difficult to seat everyone at their requested times. I am thrilled that you enjoyed the Kentucky Bison--we were overwhelmed with all of the positives reviews of the brunch!

You stated that you would not return to BBC primarily because of the "quality to dollar" ratio. Our Easter Brunch is a reasonable $16.95 per adult and $6.95 per child but it is also a once a year cost. The rest of the year you can easily feed your family of 7 (including 2 children) for half of the $130 you spent yesterday and still have a wonderful and filling meal.

Please accept my apologies for your unsatisfactory experience. I do hope that you will give us another chance in the future and see what a great place BBC is!

Sincerely,
Becca at BBC St. Matthews
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

Thank you Becca

by Bill Veneman » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:45 pm

I just wanted to thank you for your kind and swift reply. And hopefully, I didn't come across as a total jerk. I will do my best to come in again.

Thanks!
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

Keep on keepin' on

by Roger A. Baylor » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:42 pm

Becca, I was over a few Sundays ago and had fun with a beer while waiting for carry-out food (wings - imagine that ... and the veggie stir fry for Diana) and a growler. The place was packed and rockin', which always gladdens the heart of the independent local businessman, who recognizes the intrinsic value of unique and indigenous experiences.

Could become a Sunday tradition ...
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
User

Becca MacGilvray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:11 pm

St. Matthews

Keep on keepin on

by Becca MacGilvray » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:51 am

But don't let it replace our Christmas tradition!

Thanks for the props Roger!

Cheers,
Becca