Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

The Best Wedding Cake in the world

no avatar
User

Will Crawford

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:51 pm

The Best Wedding Cake in the world

by Will Crawford » Tue May 20, 2008 8:15 pm

I had the honor of tasting the best wedding cake in the entire world on Sunday. It was made by our own Leah Stewart of Louisville Wedding Cake by Gallery House. The top layer was lemon. The middle orange and the bottom was chocolate raspberry. Iced with buttercreme. It made this special day even more memorable for my bride Ruth and me, especially in the care that Leah took with the whole process. Ruth and I met her after bribing her take our project on. ( We called her three weeks from the date and of course she was booked but after much begging and crying she took pity on me.) She created two mini sample cakes for us to try in her lovely Bed and Breakfast. The whole experience was fantastic. The cake was devoured by the guests and all the comments were two enthusiastic thumbs up. If you are planning a wedding run do not walk to this lady.
Will Crawford
no avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

Re: The Best Wedding Cake in the world

by Ed Vermillion » Tue May 20, 2008 8:33 pm

Congratulations, Will! Many happy years to you and your bride.
no avatar
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

A couch in Andy's house.

by David Clancy » Tue May 20, 2008 10:09 pm

Willie, when were you going to tell me about this..........???? Damn...I feel so used.....Congratulations!!! Got any pics of the cake?? Love to see it and best of luck my friend!(dinner is on me if your ever in old Louisville!)
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
(Is this your homework Larry?)
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed May 21, 2008 7:52 am

Will Crawford wrote:my bride Ruth and me

Congratulations and best wishes, Will! You're right about Leah, too ...
no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Wed May 21, 2008 8:14 am

Congratulations to Will and Ruth! And thanks for the kind words. I do love what I do.

The only picture I have of the cake is one without the flower topper, so I hope that Will has one with the flowers. He had to send a friend to pick it up, so I didn't get to see it at the reception. I had six weddings last weekend, so it was a busy one!

Again, I wish you and Ruth a lifetime of happiness!
no avatar
User

Will Crawford

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:51 pm

by Will Crawford » Wed May 21, 2008 8:40 am

Thanks to all. It was a glorious day in so many ways including the perfect weather. I do not know if I have a photo. I had two professional photographers there but they seemed to miss getting the shot with the topper which was a a cowgirl roping a cowboy. I hope that some of the guests got a shot. The taste was what was unbelievable.
Will Crawford
no avatar
User

Megan Watts

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:44 am

Louisville

by Megan Watts » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:20 pm

Sorry to get on this post so late! I have to also sing the praises of Leah! She made my wedding cake about 3 yrs ago and have had the good fortune to have her cake on several other occasions as well. YUM YUM YUM! Tasty and creative! But now, through this site, I've heard about the cake at Cafe Lou Lou and will have to go and scope it out myself! And just so everyone knows..if they ever need someone to test their cakes, I'll be more than willing to volunteer. :D