Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Scott Robinson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:36 am

Floyds Knobs, IN

My first visit to the Charlestown Pizza Company

by Scott Robinson » Fri May 16, 2008 10:27 am

My wife and I took a 'road trip' the other night to the Charlestown Pizza Company, we had both been wanting to go for a while but our conflicting schedules at work prevented us from going. Well, I resigned from my job on Saturday and we had no more conflicting schedules, hehe, so off we went.

It was a little hard for us to find it at first as neither of us are remotely familiar with Charlestown but the locals seemed to know EXACTLY where it was and gave us perfect directions once we finally found our way to Charlestown.

We found perfect parking right in front of the pizza palace and went inside, I was happy to see Shawn working as I havn't seen him in well over 15 years (we went to High School together). We spoke with him a bit about the menu and beers. He guided us along and paired up a perfect beer for our pie.

We started with the bread bites (baby bread sticks) and his infamous beer-cheese, man..I could eat that beer-cheese on anything...it was GREAT. Then we got a vegetarian pizza with all the ingredients he had suggested and it was wonderful, crispy crust, loads of gooey cheese and garden-fresh veggies.

All in all I would (and will) make the drive there again happily, it is well worth the scenic drive to get a fresh pizza that isn't delivered in a cardboard box by a kid with 47 piercings who forgot my 2-liter. :shock: (Yes, I mean you Papa John!)

Anyways just my 2-cents, if you get a chance check out Shawns' place, I'll bet your gas money you won't be dissapointed!

Scott, formerly of Stratto's
(Will work for beer)

EDIT: Typo's, hehe.
-Always looking for the perfect spot for Football, Cold Beer and Great Food!
no avatar
User

Dave H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:41 am

Re: My first visit to the Charlestown Pizza Company

by Dave H » Fri May 16, 2008 10:33 am

Shawns got a great place, love the pie!!!!! Sincerely, Dave @ The Fish House
Dave Himmel...Owner/Connor's Place & Market Street Fish House in downtown New Albany...aka The Codfather.
no avatar
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:10 pm

850 main street, charlestown, indiana

by Shawn Vest » Sat May 17, 2008 8:27 pm

thanks guys

scott - BTW is the famed former FOH manager at Stratto's - best of luck to him

and Dave's fish is pretty darned tasty as well

shawn
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. D Barry
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699
no avatar
User

Todd Antz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 11, 2007 12:37 pm

Clarksville, IN

by Todd Antz » Sun May 18, 2008 7:07 pm

My family and I had an early dinner there on Sunday. I took my first try at the Chucktown Barbeque sandwich, which was excellent. Great bread, with banana peppers, onion, and a slightly sweet sauce. My wife had the Pizza Pot Pie, and could only get half of it down before getting full. The kiddos split a small cheese pizza, and then my oldest enjoyed a round of Pole Position. Great time had by all!
Keg Liquors
Keeping Kentuckiana Beer'd since 1976
http://www.kegliquors.com

617 E. Lewis & Clark Pkwy
Clarksville, IN 47129
812-283-3988

4304 Charlestown Road
New Albany, IN 47150
812-948-0444