Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Lou Lou

no avatar
User

Caroline K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:45 am

Lou Lou

by Caroline K » Thu May 15, 2008 1:39 pm

Just got back from a wonderful lunch with personal visits from Marsha! Food and service was fabulous and the Lemon Cake to die for...Thanks Marsha and thanks for saying hello and making my birthday that more special! :D
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

Re: Lou Lou

by Michelle R. » Thu May 15, 2008 2:40 pm

The lemon cake is awesome, nana puddin', better than my grandmother makes, berries n' champagne sorbet, omg-to-DIE-for! The kicker is the coconut cake. I don't even like coconut, and wept silently when it was gone. :cry:

Marsha is a bona fide class act! I cannot WAIT to meet her! :mrgreen:
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Thu May 15, 2008 3:43 pm

Aw, shucks - you guys!

We had a big HotBytes presence at lunch today - Jeremy J came in for a late lunch as I was drinking my shifty. Jeremy, was that a female relative of yours? Maybe your mom or aunt? She was sweet.
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
no avatar
User

Laura B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:46 am

Miami, Florida

by Laura B » Thu May 15, 2008 3:47 pm

We ate at Lou Lou last night and the seven of us all had a great meal! While we don't usually get dessert, but I just had to try the lemon cake since it gets such glowing reviews here. My mother-in-law and I thought that it was very, very good and I'm usually a chocolate-only dessert eater. Other desserts enjoyed by my daughter (lava cake) and nephew (tiramisu) both got two thumbs up. Keep up the good work, Marsha!
When in doubt, add more wine.
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Thu May 15, 2008 3:50 pm

Laura B wrote:We ate at Lou Lou last night and the seven of us all had a great meal! While we don't usually get dessert, I just had to try the lemon cake since it gets such glowing reviews here. My mother-in-law and I thought that it was very, very good and I'm usually a chocolate only dessert eater. Other desserts enjoyed by my daughter (lava cake) and nephew (tiramisu) both got two thumbs up. Keep up the good work, Marsha!

Thanks, Laura - I'm sorry I missed you guys. I go in at 6 AM so I'm usually gone by 2 PM, but if anyone from the forum is coming to dinner, I'd love to know, so I can make sure you get especially good attention!
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
no avatar
User

Jeremy J

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:30 am

Louisville, KY

by Jeremy J » Thu May 15, 2008 3:55 pm

Lunch was great...thanks Marsha!!! Y'all need to get up in there and have some of that blackberry sorbet...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

now if you'll excuse me, I'm late for work!
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Thu May 15, 2008 10:45 pm

My fam will be in at 8-ish on Saturday for dinner. Can't wait!
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Thu May 15, 2008 10:55 pm

I've had the pleasure of dining there several times this year and every time was a wondrous culinary experience. WTG, Cafe Lou Lou.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.