Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

MichelleJ

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:47 am

Highlands

Re: PR: Derby City Dogs open on Baxter

by MichelleJ » Tue May 20, 2008 12:03 pm

KC & the Hot Dog stand (Bardstown Road and Speed) has veggie dogs. They're Yves brand I think.
Consuming Louisville
very good things to do, buy & eat in the River City

http://www.consuminglouisville.com
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue May 20, 2008 12:12 pm

Oh well, at least they are making their regular patrons happy.

They're really friendly people, though. Maybe if enough customers ask them to stock a veggie dog, they'd be willing to do it.
no avatar
User

thommy browne

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:21 pm

Louisville

by thommy browne » Tue May 20, 2008 1:19 pm

MikeG wrote:Does Lonnie's do veggie dogs?

I was hoping Derby City Dogs or Lonnie's would have veggie dogs.

I know Zapp's used to have veggie dogs - they were awesome!
no avatar
User

MikeG

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:22 pm

Twin Cities, MN

by MikeG » Tue May 20, 2008 1:38 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Oh well, at least they are making their regular patrons happy.

They're really friendly people, though. Maybe if enough customers ask them to stock a veggie dog, they'd be willing to do it.

This is one case where it's something I dont get enough of to merit me requesting it. If I was going to hit the place often I would. Perhaps someone else will though. I'll probably try Derby City Dogs soon.
I am the original Mike G, never mind the impostor.

I am kind of a big deal.
no avatar
User

jpdurbin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:23 pm

Louisville, KY

Derby City Dogs has two veggie dogs

by jpdurbin » Tue May 20, 2008 1:45 pm

Derby City Dogs has two veggie dogs.
Johnathan P. Durbin
http://jpdurbin.net/
A Member of http://www.ThePCGurus.com
no avatar
User

Jeff T

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:45 pm

Louisville

by Jeff T » Thu May 22, 2008 12:50 am

For Gods sake have a real hot dog!!! Why bother to go meatless if you want everything to resemble meat. Veggie dogs, garden burgers, tofu turkey, I dont get it. Man-up and have some animal fat, nitrates and some rat hair!!!
no avatar
User

MikeG

{ RANK }

Foodie

Twin Cities, MN

by MikeG » Thu May 22, 2008 8:04 am

Jeff T wrote:For Gods sake have a real hot dog!!! Why bother to go meatless if you want everything to resemble meat. Veggie dogs, garden burgers, tofu turkey, I dont get it. Man-up and have some animal fat, nitrates and some rat hair!!!

It's called getting your protein from familiar means. Not everyone goes vegetarian because they HATE meat but rather a lot of things that go one with the meat industry.

I am kind of a big deal.
no avatar
User

Jeff T

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:45 pm

Louisville

by Jeff T » Thu May 22, 2008 8:27 am

Most people on this forum need to get a grip on themselves when it comes to "social" issues and causes. Google "Stuff White People Like" and have a good laugh at yourself
(me included). The newest topic "bumperstickers" will truly be appreciated by the Highlands crowd.
no avatar
User

MikeG

{ RANK }

Foodie

Twin Cities, MN

by MikeG » Thu May 22, 2008 9:09 am

Yes Jeff, thank you for making it official that EVERY meesageboard I frequent has referenced that website.

I am kind of a big deal.
no avatar
User

Adam B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue May 27, 2008 8:26 am

by Adam B » Tue May 27, 2008 8:59 am

Michelle R. wrote: Ya know, this is off topic a bit, but the hubby and I were STUNNED when we went to Homemade Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen last weekend and were charged almost $13.00 for 2 slices of pie ala mode. We could have bought a whole pie for not too much more. The pie was good, but it wasn't $6.50 per slice good.

Michelle, thanks for the compliment on the pie, The prices are $3.45 for any slice of pie. The Ala Mode, full serving of ice cream is $2.04 additional. The full serving with ice cream (Ala Mode) is $5.49.

Mike Hardin wrote:If I'm not mistaken they don't even make their own stuff anymore. Anyone have the lowdown on that?

Mike the Pie Kitchen does make all of our pies from scratch. From the pie shell, to the filling (which we steam cook), to the toppings. We make and bake all of the baked goods sold in our stores from cakes to cookies, including scratch making all of our own icings. We also make all of our own ice creams. Thanks for asking for the lowdown!
no avatar
User

Caroline K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:45 am

by Caroline K » Tue May 27, 2008 9:27 am

Sorry I am responding to a Pie Ktchen post and not a Derby Dog--but wanted to let Adam know of a super sweet and friendly staffer he has at the St. Matthews store-his name is Steve and this is the first time I have seen Steve there and let me tell you, personality plus!!! Love seeing that since that is what customer relations is all about-Thanks
no avatar
User

Adam B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue May 27, 2008 8:26 am

by Adam B » Tue May 27, 2008 9:59 am

Caroline K wrote:Sorry I am responding to a Pie Ktchen post and not a Derby Dog--but wanted to let Adam know of a super sweet and friendly staffer he has at the St. Matthews store-his name is Steve and this is the first time I have seen Steve there and let me tell you, personality plus!!! Love seeing that since that is what customer relations is all about-Thanks

Caroline, thanks very much. We have a very in depth customer service program and pride ourselves on this. I will share this with Patti and Steve at the Vogue store!
Previous