Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Laura B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:46 am

Miami, Florida

Re: What's new at Carly Rae's?

by Laura B » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:55 pm

Having heard such great things about this place from the Forumites, my family and I want to come by for dinner this weekend, but I'd love to see a menu first if at all possible. The website link says "under construction". Anyone know when it will be up and running?
When in doubt, add more wine.
User

Garrett Hoover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun May 25, 2008 9:50 am

louisville

by Garrett Hoover » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:12 am

Hey laura we have been having issues with getting the rights to the server name, we should be up and running in a week or so. sorry for the inconvienence, but if you send me an email address I will be happy to email you are menus. Now that we have Dave Clancy in house we will have some changes to the menu in the next few weeks we are very excited hope to see you soon. garretthoover123@yahoo.com
It's all fun and games till someone puts an eye out! Then it's just fun and games you can't see!
User

Laura B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:46 am

Miami, Florida

by Laura B » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:09 am

Thanks, Garrett. I sent you an e-mail.
When in doubt, add more wine.
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:10 pm

850 main street, charlestown, indiana

by Shawn Vest » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:51 pm

dropped by for a late lunch on sunday after visiting the speed museum (louisville is such a cool town to have such a cool free museum)

i had the bbq sand and my wife had the tilapia

good food, i think our server was a little off of his game that day, but good all the same
the patio was very nice, but i missed senior clancy

oh, and i'll second my previous sentiment that magic hat #9 is the second most over rated beer out there (but entirely poundable)
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. D Barry
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:16 pm

Shawn Vest wrote:oh, and i'll second my previous sentiment that magic hat #9 is the second most over rated beer out there (but entirely poundable)

Thank god - I thought I was losing my mind. Everyone's been all "Magic Hat #9! Magic Hat #9! The Nirvana!"...we had some at Hideaway the other night and turned to each other after one sip and said "This? This is what everyone's carrying on about?"
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
no avatar
User

Bill D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:13 pm

Louisville, KY

by Bill D » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:32 pm

My longtime dinner companion and I ate there a couple of weeks ago and will surely return as the menu gets revamped. The patio is a very pleasant place to dine and the food and service were on point. A little off the subject but I agree w/Shawn and Marsha about The Magic Hat #9. A run of the mill beer, pale in color, lightly hopped, but still poundable. What will sell this beer is marketing. I met the rep at Dark Star during a promo. He says Kroger was showing interest in carrying it, gave me a T-Shirt and a niftily packaged condom. The masses will love it. It will make a great gateway beer to all the macro-drinkers to see what else is out there. Come to the dark(beer) side.
Support your local Breweries
Bill D
User

Garrett Hoover

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville

by Garrett Hoover » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:21 pm

Hey everybody just wanted to let people know we will be hosting a bourbon and cigar tasting on August 23. We will feature Jeffreson Reserve and Old Pogue which will have reps from each distillery in attendance , along with our in house cigar company (Pan American Cigar company) sampling cigars. If anyone is interested please Email me at garretthoover123@yahoo.com. Hope to see you there.
It's all fun and games till someone puts an eye out! Then it's just fun and games you can't see!
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:21 pm

Should I assume the cigar sampling will be on the patio?
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:25 am

Or even farther away.... :(
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:02 pm

#9 & Fat Tire Ale

by David R. Pierce » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:37 am

Marsha L. wrote:
Shawn Vest wrote:oh, and i'll second my previous sentiment that magic hat #9 is the second most over rated beer out there (but entirely poundable)

Thank god - I thought I was losing my mind. Everyone's been all "Magic Hat #9! Magic Hat #9! The Nirvana!"...we had some at Hideaway the other night and turned to each other after one sip and said "This? This is what everyone's carrying on about?"

I have the same feeling about New Belgium's Fat Tire Ale. It is a fine beer, like #9, but not close to being the best beer in either breweries' portfolio. Fat Tire is today's Coors; if it can't be had here, it has to be the bestest.

Who wants to remake Smokie & The Bandit? We steal a truck, drive nonstop to Ft. Collins and steal a load of Fat Tire

We got a long way to go, short time to get there...
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
The Original BBC Brewmaster
Bluegrass Brewing Co.
St. Matthews branch
Craft Brewing Louisville continuously since 1992
User

Garrett Hoover

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville

by Garrett Hoover » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:05 pm

Hey leah, yes the cigars will be on the patio. It is a large patio but if cigar smoke bothers someone it may not be a good time. :( Robert... now cigar smoking or even regular smoking may not be your thing, but there are many out there who do enjoy a good cigar.This invite was sent out to those who enjoy a good Bourbon and to those who enjoy a fine cigar evey once in a while , If you wish not too attend this event that is your choice. It amazes me how over and over how you come up with such prophetic one line cracks. So to that I give some constructive crit, instead of throwing one liners out just to hear you keyboard click, take a second...form a complete thought... and complete a full sentance. :wink: Have a nice day.
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:03 pm

OK I will try

Here's an example of how this worked with me. On Sunday, my buddy & I left Churchill Downs and wanted to go get something to eat. We drove up third street and turned onto Oak. We had a brief conversation about going to Carly Rae's and I didn't want to. Why? I don't like the philosophy & attitude of their new chef. I never patronized his place in New Albany for the same reason.

Business owners & their employees have every right to post their opinions on this site. They can also treat people however they want to within the rules of the forum. They should know that their personal viewpoints can have a direct bearing on their business and it may not always be good.John Mayhugh
Foodie

Private message
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

A couch in Andy's house.

by David Clancy » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:48 pm

robert szappanos wrote:OK I will try

Here's an example of how this worked with me. On Sunday, my buddy & I left Churchill Downs and wanted to go get something to eat. We drove up third street and turned onto Oak. We had a brief conversation about going to Carly Rae's and I didn't want to. Why? I don't like the philosophy & attitude of their new chef. I never patronized his place in New Albany for the same reason.

Business owners & their employees have every right to post their opinions on this site. They can also treat people however they want to within the rules of the forum. They should know that their personal viewpoints can have a direct bearing on their business and it may not always be good.John Mayhugh
Foodie

Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:56 pm Ooohhh great job Robert!!! While I could really care less about you're opinions and vitriol, I have already corresponded with John and invited him in (you will not be getting an invitation however as I refuse to allow the air of my regular guests to be consumed by one wind-bag internet troll) Do you have anything else you would like to share with the class??? Maybe you're lack of class will suffice???
Private message
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
(Is this your homework Larry?)
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:50 pm

Hey I did not acept your invitation before and am glad you would not now...because I still would not accept.... :lol:
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

A couch in Andy's house.

by David Clancy » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:02 pm

robert szappanos wrote:Hey I did not acept your invitation before and am glad you would not now...because I still would not accept.... :lol:
On second thought Robert, I would be more than happy to have you in my place.....(ever so briefly....just like O.J.) LOL
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
(Is this your homework Larry?)
PreviousNext