Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Bravo to Bravo

User

Mike M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:45 am

Jeffersonville

Bravo to Bravo

by Mike M » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:07 pm

Like most people on this forum I don't frequent chains very often because I do like to support locals, but last night friends and I went to Bravo's on Bullit Ln, and to my surprise the place was not run by cash grubbing robots, or evil out of towners, but people who live right here in Louisville,(imagine that), and people who went out of their way to make sure we had a great dinning experience, first of all one of the friends who dinned with us, has gluten allergies, and the manager, kitchen staff, and waitress, where all more than glad to make sure he had plenty of menu choices, Bravo's was an all around great experience, as it has been every time I've ever been there....most chains will herd you you in give you a bad meal, steal your wallet, and rush you out..IE the Cheesecake Factory, but not Bravo's, I will gladly return.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Bravo to Bravo

by Robin Garr » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:33 pm

Mike M wrote:Bravo's was an all around great experience, as it has been every time I've ever been there .... I will gladly return.

Thanks for the testimony, Mike. No flames from here ... if an eatery earns a rave, we're glad to hear it, no matter where corporate headquarters is.
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:34 pm

Hubby and I have eaten there also, and liked it a lot. Very pretty decor, good bread and a fine meal. At this point I don't recall a lot of details, other than we had a pleasant experience and the food was quite good. We were slightly surprised, as I have a well documented independent bias, but as I said in the other thread, when I'm hungry and the only options are chains, I try to pick the best of 'em. All in all, Bravo's does a very good job. Not Bonefish good which, yes is a different cuisine, but it is my own gold standard for chain food. We would definitely go back.
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:01 am

Thanks for the review Mike. I've had a good meal there as well. Glad to hear that they took good care of you.