Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Nio's

no avatar
User

Neal M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:37 pm

Louisville

Nio's

by Neal M » Sun May 11, 2008 8:02 pm

Although I've had a cocktail and enjoyed some music before, I finally got around to dining at Nio's last night. Love the atmosphere....... shiek, comfortable, cozy, un-pretensious all come to mind, especially comfortable. Service was warm, welcoming and friendly. Our server Jonathan was intimately familiar with all the offerings and took very good care of us the entire evening.

We had the Skirt steak with Chimichuri which was delicious, Menage a Satay, and, based on comments I'd seen here I suggested the Mussels to my companion (I can't eat seafood). I think she fell in love by the second bite (with the Mussels, not me). On Jonathans suggestion I had an Exspresso Martini for desert, Yummmm!

From start to finish a great experience. I'm wondering what took me so long. It won't be long before I get back!
no avatar
User

Erica S

{ RANK }

Just got here

Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:24 am

St. Matthews

Re: Nio's

by Erica S » Mon May 12, 2008 2:57 am

I really like Nio's. My girlfriends and I like to meet there for cocktails and on occasion sample the menu items though the food is good I wouldn't consider it a dining destination. We really like the ambience and it is a great place for us to catch up with one another and it is nice not feeling like the "old gals" in a bar. :wink: Jordan always takes care of us when we are there. He is absolutely wonderful and makes us feel like Nio's special guests, he even remembers what we each drink and to me that always makes a lasting impression, very attentive and thoughtful. My husband has only been with me once and it was a not so good visit for him but I think HE was just in an off mood. We were sitting at the bar and it took a pretty long time to order drinks and food and then a lengthy amount of time before the food arrived. They seemed understaffed for the amount of people that were there but I tend to be a little more patient. Needless to say it is just going to remain a spot for the girls. We haven't been there in about a month but now that the craziness of Derby has passed we will probably resume our girls night out. :D :D :D
no avatar
User

Caroline K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:45 am

Re: Nio's

by Caroline K » Mon May 12, 2008 7:42 am

I will have to let Michael Beckmann and staff know of the wonderful comments! Yes, it is a great spot to lounge with friends and enjoy yummy small plates and wonderful jazz or blues...again, I do not handle the PR, my boyfriend is the GM and I assist out of love! This Friday, is the Bardstown Bound which I organize and nios as well as other eateries are on board for the BBC Bubbly Hour-hope to see you in the Highlands this Friday!