Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

La Rosita - Help Please

no avatar
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

La Rosita - Help Please

by Kim H » Sun May 11, 2008 3:52 pm

We're going to try La Rosita tonight for the first time, and have a couple of quetions. First, which location would you recommend? We're in the east end of Louisville, so proximity isn't really a concern. Also, what dishes would you recommend? I was thinking of the Empapelados for me since it is listed as 'Chef Isreal's Pride', and I love seafood, but any suggestions? We often order a couple of different things and split. We'd like to try their green sauce, too! TIA!!!
no avatar
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

Re: La Rosita - Help Please

by Roger A. Baylor » Mon May 12, 2008 6:41 pm

Sorry I didn't catch this in time to help, but you may now know that the Garnt Line Road location is taqueria style, and Market Street is sit-down. The latter is just three blocks from home, and the taqueria across the street from NABC. No beer at the taqueria, standard Mexicans at Market. As noted here previously, the food tends to be amazing at all times, but the service can be spotty, although we've had no problems at Market lately. What did you end up doing?
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana