Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

CJ finds a lot to like at Koreana II

by Robin Garr » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:51 am

Marty devotes a hefty 604 words to a generally positive review of Koreana II on Preston, lavishing considerable praise on its variety and bold flavors; it's apparently a combination of "slightly worn" decor, occasional communications issues and one lackluster dish that drop his rating to the 2 1/2-star level that appears to be the CJ's standard rating for ethnic spots.

[url=http://cityguide.courier-journal.com/fe/RestaurantReviews/Profile.asp?businessid=47421]No translation needed
Big, bold flavors are served up at Koreana II[/url]

<b>Koreana II</b>
5009 Preston Highway
(502) 968-9686
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

few stars, good review

by Andrew Mellman » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:13 pm

and the "lackluster dish" was - at least in part - his fault in misreading the menu!
Andrew Mellman
User

Amy Hoover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:27 pm

Butchertown

by Amy Hoover » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:14 pm

My boyfriend and I tried to go on Valentine's Day and had a horrible experience. He had gone a few weeks earlier with a friend and raved about it, so I was really excited. Because of the evening, they were busier than usual, (about 8 tables full) yet they still only had one server (who was also the hostess). We were seated but never asked for a drink order or dinner order. The table next to us told us their food was terrific, well worth the wait, so we waited. As a restaurant veteran, I understand completely what it's like to be really busy and the only person on, but an hour and twenty minutes later we finally got up and left. We had waved down the server several times, but she never actually came to the table.

We returned about two weeks ago. It was a totally different experience. We were again seated immediately. We ordered within a few moments of being there and WOW- the food was delicious. We got the basic beef and pork meal that you grill at your table. All of the chilled pickled vegetables were fantastic, as was the miso soup. The meat was marinated very tastily and was fun to cook at our leisure. Our drinks were kept refilled and the service (same server as the last time) was terrific and friendly. There is a slight language gap, which could be daunting if you aren't ready for it or good-natured about possibly receiving the wrong thing. I was happy we tried it again. Most places after the first experience, I would never return, but for some reason I give a little more leeway to places that aren't quite in the mainstream. I'm really glad we did, and I can't wait to go back and try something else.