Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Sweet Surrender

no avatar
User

Kurt R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:08 am

Louisville, KY

Sweet Surrender

by Kurt R. » Thu May 08, 2008 8:34 am

I posted a topic awhile back about cooies for my daughter's birthday. Jessica from Sweet Surrender responded and came through "Big Time"! You see my Daughter's birthday is May 3rd (Derby Day) and I couldn't imagine that anyone wanted to fool with it. Jessica and her team made some very unique cookies for my daughter's spa day - Nail polish cookies, painted toe cookies, mirror cookies and hairbrush cookies. My daughter and her friends were very impressed! We loved the cookies. We celebrated her birthday on Friday night, but my daughter loved the cookies so much we tried to go to Sweet Surrender for dessert on Saturday (Derby). Unfortunately they were closed, but it is a testament to how much she loved them.
Thanks to Jessica and her team for helping to make my daughter's birthday special. :D
Kurt

Character is measured by a series of split second decisions.
no avatar
User

Mark P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:21 pm

Re: Sweet Surrender

by Mark P » Thu May 08, 2008 9:19 am

These cookies are amazing! They donated a basket of frog cookies for a fair my wife puts on for Special Needs students in Floyd County and they were very sought after. The teacher that won them had multiple offers to trade and wisely refused. The cookies are huge and from what I hear very very tasty.
no avatar
User

Jessica H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:25 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Sweet Surrender

by Jessica H » Thu May 08, 2008 6:58 pm

Kurt,

I'm so glad that your daughter enjoyed the cookies! As long as we get more than 48 hours notice, we try to accommodate special orders as best we can. We had a lot of fun in the kitchen coming up with ideas for the cookies, and I'll definitely be passing your compliments along to my crew.

My apologies for being closed on Saturday Night. We're definitely back to our normal hours this week though, so if your daughter gets another cookie craving, please bring her by.
Jessica Haskell
Owner
Sweet Surrender Dessert Cafe
http://www.sweetsurrenderdessertcafe.com