Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Furlongs

no avatar
User

Tommy Walters

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:51 pm

Lexington

Furlongs

by Tommy Walters » Wed May 07, 2008 7:31 pm

Furlongs has reopened in Lexington on October 23, 2007 and now we are looking for a location in Louisville again.....any ideas?
no avatar
User

Greg R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:15 am

Crescent Hill

Re: Furlongs

by Greg R. » Wed May 07, 2008 7:41 pm

Tommy Walters wrote:Furlongs has reopened in Lexington on October 23, 2007 and now we are looking for a location in Louisville again.....any ideas?

Well, your old place just opened up. I guess that didn't go so well...what about the old Mom's at Frankfort ans Stilz a little closer to the population core of the area...put a patio on the roof...wow! :lol:
no avatar
User

Greg R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:15 am

Crescent Hill

by Greg R. » Wed May 07, 2008 7:44 pm

Greg R. wrote:
Tommy Walters wrote:Furlongs has reopened in Lexington on October 23, 2007 and now we are looking for a location in Louisville again.....any ideas?

Well, your old place just opened up. I guess that didn't go so well...what about the old Mom's at Frankfort ans Stilz a little closer to the population core of the area...put a patio on the roof...wow! :lol:

Wait..one more better idea....maybe it's not too late to save the Azalea's bldg. from Rite Aid!
no avatar
User

Tommy Walters

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:51 pm

Lexington

by Tommy Walters » Wed May 07, 2008 7:46 pm

Not a bad idea...."Patio Roof om Moms".....our old location was actually perfect...in hindsight....we made mistakes...especially leaving........we were there for 8 years......
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Wed May 07, 2008 9:27 pm

While the old Garrett's, Frank's Steak House on Shelbyville road as is the old Chi chi's, Buckheads, Divici location also on Shelbyville road. I hope I got the chronology correct on these locations, I haven't been in Louisville as long as these locations have been and I know everyone refers to a location by what used to be there. I've finally got everything figured out that's where Sears used to be in Saint Matthew's! :lol:
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Wed May 07, 2008 9:32 pm

I think you answered your own question when you said you made a mistake in leaving the old location. 8 yrs is a long time to run a successful business. Franfort Ave has a number of vacant restaurants and other vacant buildings that you should explore. You can't go wrong in that area as it will always be a well-sought food destination.
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

DBonifer

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu May 24, 2007 8:21 am

Crescent Hill

by DBonifer » Thu May 08, 2008 5:07 am

It would be great to see you back in town - especially on Frankfort Ave. The parking at the old Mom's might be a bit tight, but it could make for a very cool spot. I've always thought the old gas station on the corner of Franck & Frankfort would be a great location for a smaller restaurant - parking & the potential for a nice outdoor dining section.
no avatar
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Thu May 08, 2008 6:29 am

It would be nice to see some new restaurants a bit further out. I like the idea mentioned earlier of D'Vinci's on Shelbyville Rd or maybe even further out like the old Train Station in LaGrange. (Is there anything there now?) There's so much all ready on Frankfort Ave. maybe you'd 'spread the wealth' in another area.
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
no avatar
User

Kaitlin M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:33 pm

by Kaitlin M » Thu May 08, 2008 7:19 am

I'm so happy you are looking to come back to Louisville! I love that place! :) I was just talking to some friends in Lexington about how next time I'm there that I would like to go eat at Furlongs.
no avatar
User

Elizabeth S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:36 pm

St. Matthews

by Elizabeth S » Thu May 08, 2008 10:00 am

I am so happy you are coming back! My husband is a Tulane grad and loves New Orleans food. He totally turned me on to it and we were really bummed when you guys left!
no avatar
User

Leann C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:42 pm

Highlands

by Leann C » Thu May 08, 2008 3:45 pm

The buildings where Big Dave's Outpost is currently located had 'for sale' signs up the last time I drove by (was it Baja Cantina before? Fat Cat's a long time ago). On the corner of Bardstown Rd. and Speed. I'm heading up that way in a few minutes. I'll take a look & see if the signs are still up.
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Thu May 08, 2008 4:10 pm

Leann C wrote:The buildings where Big Dave's Outpost is currently located had 'for sale' signs up the last time I drove by (was it Baja Cantina before? Fat Cat's a long time ago). On the corner of Bardstown Rd. and Speed. I'm heading up that way in a few minutes. I'll take a look & see if the signs are still up.

I happen to know there was a deal made to buy it which then fell through (nothing to do with my employer, Cafe Lou Lou). The signs are still up.
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu May 08, 2008 4:19 pm

Marsha L. wrote:The signs are still up.

Big Dave's and Mom's and about a dozen other restaurant properties are shown for sale or lease by the Houston Group in the current issue of Food & Dining (page 10). Big Dave's is listed at $1,375,000 and Mom's at $740,000. I assume those are asking prices; no info on lease particulars.

The Houston Group might be a good spot for Tommy to hit, in fact. They represent quite a few restaurant properties. Click http://www.thehoustongroup.net or call (502) 419-7799.
no avatar
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

by Mark Head » Thu May 08, 2008 4:31 pm

Moms moved because there is zero parking at that location other than a few spots on the street that you had to fight to get. I think the building is in poor condition as well.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu May 08, 2008 5:16 pm

Mark Head wrote:Moms moved because there is zero parking at that location other than a few spots on the street that you had to fight to get. I think the building is in poor condition as well.

My wife and I were just speculating about exactly those two issues as we drove by there this week. I think you're right on target.

On the other hand, it's such an excellent location, for the right tenant it might be worth grappling with both those issues. The need for renovations might be a good arguing point on negotiating a lease ... and I wonder if they could rent a nearby parking lot after hours and provide valet service. Just thinking out loud here ...
Next