Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Kansai?

User

Amy A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:34 pm

Jeffersonville

Kansai?

by Amy A » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:55 pm

We popped in there tonight for the first time and had a horrific experience.

We opted to do a normal table rather than hibachi seating. After sitting for fifteen minutes we managed to get the server to come acknowledge us. It took another five for a water and tea to make it over to us.

We placed a sushi order and asked for it before we received anything else.

Fifteen more minutes pass. All our food arrives but the sushi. We are also totally out of drinks at this point and couldn't get a refill.

The server literally ran away.

Finally they dropped off our sushi and were like, "oh, we lost it." (They weren't the only ones about to "lose" it.)

We attempted to locate a manager and couldn't. Expressed our unhappiness and all we got for it was our bill in full.

I don't think I could go back there. Anyone else have a different experience? I think the hibachi would be much preferable over table service there.
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

by Suzi Bernert » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:06 pm

We went a couple of weeks ago, sat at a table near the sushi bar, but our experience was not as bad as yours, though the service was a little distracted. The manager ended up serving most of our food, the young lady waiting on us seemed very confused on how to do anything beyond the tea. I wrote it off to being new and decided to wait a while before going back. I guess time did not improve things. The food tasted fine, though I thought the sushi was a bit bland. They had most of the hibachi tables going and several people were seated at the sushi bar.

They are going to have to go some to compete with the other places in So. IN.
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
User

Amy A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:34 pm

Jeffersonville

by Amy A » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:07 pm

We thought the sushi was bland also. The spicy tuna rolls were full of tuna and not spice. :wink:
User

Richard Rush

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:36 am

by Richard Rush » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:51 am

I eat there several times per month and always have had great food and good service. I typically sit at the hibachi grills, but have sat at a table a couple of times. Nick is the owner and I am sure he would be more than happy to take care of you and resolve any issues you would have.
I have found at these types of places the waitresses tend to speak limited English and it sometimes can interfere with good service. Just my 2 cents though.
no avatar
User

Holly C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:53 am

by Holly C » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:59 am

I went for a weekday lunch a few weeks ago and sat at the sushi bar. I ordered two different rolls (I can't remember for sure, but I think a rainbow roll and something else). I wasn't looking for conversation from the sushi chef or waitress or anyone else (I had a book I needed to finish), but everything seemed fine. No complaints and I would go back for hibachi or table service to try it again.